Cicinho set for Real exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cicinho set for Real exit

<P class=big>Real Madrid look set to offload defender Cicinho to Roma in the January transfer &#119;indow.

The Liga giants have revealed that Fabio Capello wanted to sell the player before the transfer deadline date this summer, but was left frustrated by the negotiations with Italian teams.

The club's financial consultant Ernesto Bronzetti has not given up hope of a move for the player this season, though he would prefer the destination to be Roma, having already spoken with the club's coach and sporting director.

"I proposed Cicinho to Roma because Capello wasn't interested in him," Bronzetti revealed.

"In the last days of the market I spoke with [Luciano] Spalletti and [Daniele] Prade and we agreed for the player to go on loan, but the problem was that Real wanted to sell him and maybe earn around €10 million (£6.8 million)."

"I also got offers from Fiorentina and Internazionale, but I was pushing for Roma, even though it wasn't necessary because he was already impressed by the Giallorossi supporters when he played there."

But the club must also be wary of playing the 26-year-old Brazilian in Europe, because it could dramatically reduce the likelihood of his sale going through this term.

"Now Cicinho is there and he can't play," Bronzetti added.

"I hope Capello won't use him in the Champions League because of the possibility of his transfer in January."

Real take on French champions Lyon on Wednesday in the pick of the opening UEFA Champions League fixtures.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X