• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orgill leaves for Canadian football programme

Orgill leaves for Canadian football programme
    Paul Reid
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007

ORGILL... was spotted by club scout Thomas Niendorf during the CONCACAF Under-17 final round tournament played here in Jamaica in April-May
    PORT ANTONIO, Portland - Jamaica's national Under-17 captain Dever Orgill will leave the island today to join the new Elite Soccer Development Programme at Canadian professional club Vancouver Whitecaps.

The 17-year-old, who represented Titchfield High in the previous two ISSA daCosta Cup schoolboy football competition, will be accompanied by Herbert Ashley and is expected to stay in Canada until next June.

Ashley, who is the president of Progressive FC, the Portland FA Division One club that Orgill represents, is expected back in the island next week after ensuring the teenager is settled into his new surroundings.

Vancouver's Elite Soccer Development programme started earlier this month and is modelled off the European professional club system and Orgill will be one of the first batch of students.

While he will train daily with the Vancouver professional team, Orgill will attend classes at the Burnaby Central Secondary School and according to documents obtained by the Observer from the Whitecaps, his tuition of C$12,700 has already been paid by the football club.

According to a letter sent to the Canadian High Commission in Kingston by Bob Lenarduzzi, president of the Whitecaps, Orgill was spotted by club scout Thomas Niendorf during the CONCACAF Under-17 final round tournament played here in Jamaica in April-May.

In that tournament, Orgill was outstanding in Jamaica's 3-2 win over the United States, the island's first and only win over the CONCACAF giants at any level of competitive football.

Orgill, who scored 22 goals in his 22 appearances in a national team, was the Portland FA Player-of-the-Year for the 2005 season, the same year he scored eight goals in an Under-15 game for Progressive in a 9-1 thrashing of Milan, and went on to score in all 10 games in the season.

Orgill actually started playing for the Under-17 team earlier in the season, scoring a hat-trick on his debut.

Orgill copped the Golden Boots Award for the 2005 Caribbean Football Union's Under-15 tournament held in Trinidad after scoring 12 times in six games.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Is OJ behind this?

Well well we sit down and turn Montpelier into a concentration camp for our children(modeled after the slave master USA) all the while others just come in and siphon off our talent

Yet we run around thinking we are much more than BOASY SLAVES.

Why do the heathens rage?

We are now incarcerating our youths and women more but still we no get it that jobs is what we needs however all we see dem a build is more jails and we no see say a slavery dem a put we back in.

what is going to become of our future if we are so contented to sit back and get taken apart?

Thats why mi leave nuff a dem alone

Comment

I got nothing to do with this. I was as shocked as anyone as Although Vancouver probably Canada's most respected and successful soccer clubs I was not aware they had started their residency program. More on that later.

Comment

So OJ you see why mi fed up now boss? You no think you and TK can do the same thing over here? Why Jawge can't do the same with some of the girls?

A full time we stop wait pon dem people deh and "march out"

respect

see the email yah ShattaCleve@yahoo.com fi the I, Jawge and Gamma cause we used to link one time but mi no have the I dem email again. X link me too boss
        t

Comment

Working...
        X