X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, that was quick ...

According to Sky Sports ...

Hallgrimsson appointed new Ireland boss

Heimir Hallgrimsson has been appointed as the new head coach of the Republic of Ireland.

He replaces interim manager John O'Shea, who has been in charge since Stephen Kenny's departure in November last year.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Some topping up did a gwaan.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I think he could not deal with the infighting and inefficiencies of the Jamaican football system.

Good for him.

And meanwhile, the JFF is tossing around names like Tata...forma coach of Barcelona and Mexico. As if he could cope with our poor system of football administration.

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I can say that after observing the teams in this COPA Cup, Jamaica needs a coach with a South American philosophy to move forward. The South and Central American style is one of hard running and physical but technical play. The European sterile style of playing won't get us pass the new Central American powerhouse Panama. Last night's game, Argentina vs Canada was a prime example of the two styles of play. Even though Canada gave a good account of themself, Argentina was in control for most of the game. When two Spanish-speaking countries play each other, it's a war.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yuh never see smoke without fire. Again, I was "right".

Acting in bad faith?

DENNIS CHUNG, general secretary of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), says he is surprised that former Reggae Boyz head coach, Heimir Hallgrimsson, is the new man in charge of the Republic of Ireland’s senior men’s programme. Chung revealed that Hallgrimsson, upon tendering his resignation on July 30, said he simply wanted a change of environment.

“Nothing was mentioned to us and it came as a surprise when we saw it in the papers that he actually went to another job. It came as a surprise to learn that he was negotiating the job for a while, as we were told that he just wanted a break from the Jamaican environment, as it wasn’t good for him,” said Chung.

Hallgrimsson, who was appointed as head coach in 2022, ended his tenure following a disappointing Copa America tournament which saw the Reggae Boyz finishing bottom of Group B without a victory after three games.

Chung suggested that while the federation was hoping the Icelander would finish his contract, there was a smoking gun when Hallgrimsson suggested that he wanted to return to Iceland and be in Jamaica only for matchdays.

“We are disappointed that he couldn’t carry through with everything, but there could have been signs that this was coming. In January, he did indicate that he wanted to return to Iceland and come to Jamaica for the games. However, we didn’t expect that it was because of another job that was being negotiated. We had a contract up until the 2026 World Cup, so, now that this news has surfaced, a lot of things now make sense,” the general secretary explained.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...ting-bad-faith

Comment

Jamaica need a system. I can say trying to get a tryout for my boys for the U20 teach me a lot. There is so much politics and it is more than who you know. There are no standard for anyone to follow. They do not respond to questions, people words mean nothing. Everything is kept under hush hush. Not saying my kids would be picked but they are playing top level games and was given stamp of approval by one JFF insider but I can tell you communication is scare material. I can definitely see why the coach would be frustrated. Good luck to him.

Notice Mr "A" license quiet?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X