X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuller on the cancelled Jamaica/Colombia match

Fuller: Stoke hitman

Fuller raring to face Tigers

Ricardo Fuller will make a welcome return to action against Hull after making a wasted 18-hour trip to Jamaica for a cancelled match.

The 27-year-old was due to play for the Reggae Boyz against Colombia on Wednesday, but he never got as far as South America after the friendly was called off on Sunday after the squad had assembled in Jamaica for training.

"They never said why the game was called off," he told The Sentinel. "I set off on Friday morning, got there on Friday evening and did some training on Saturday and Sunday before we heard on Sunday night that the game was off.

"I left on the next flight, which wasn't until Monday, and arrived back here on Tuesday. It was good to see my family, but frustrating in terms of football. I was looking forward to playing for my country again and we weren't happy having travelled so far."

Potters boss Tony Pulis said: "We will see how he is, but it's fair to say I would have preferred him not to have had to fly half way round the world."
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

am sad nor bad wenn noo match not going on.All our players are active in England and we will have a wider pool to assemble from by WCQ.We need No more than five Friendlies before next june.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsi View Post
      am sad nor bad wenn noo match not going on.All our players are active in England and we will have a wider pool to assemble from by WCQ.We need No more than five Friendlies before next june.
      Pepsi, the quote that ur using at the bottom should have Jackie Bell as the quoted individual. Not Jackie Walters. Coach Walters is still alive and kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
        Pepsi, the quote that ur using at the bottom should have Jackie Bell as the quoted individual. Not Jackie Walters. Coach Walters is still alive and kicking.
        OO!!! Thank you.

Comment

Did Colombia play another opponent on the day the match with our REGGAE BOYZ was scheduled?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

If the cancellation was not our doing, then we should seek some sort of monetary reimbursement for all the expenses incurred by the JFF.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I am still trying to find out where this information about the game came from, cant seem to remember any announcements being made except on this forum.

Seems like Fuller anted to come here and lied to his club, how could he just jump on plane and fly here when no squad was even named?

This sounds very funny. The process where overseas players are invited and tickets procured is a strict one and it seems none of the protocols were observed here at all.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                I am still trying to find out where this information about the game came from, cant seem to remember any announcements being made except on this forum.

Seems like Fuller anted to come here and lied to his club, how could he just jump on plane and fly here when no squad was even named?

This sounds very funny. The process where overseas players are invited and tickets procured is a strict one and it seems none of the protocols were observed here at all.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...bia+vs+Jamaica
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The training was needed - The squad needs to train more often.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

don't the JFF have to request the player from their clubs?
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes, there has to be a formal request. I think this is mandated by FIFA.

I think the JFF admin were making arrangements and they did not get the game to happen. They must have been sending out invitations to players for some time to make sure they would be available. It is funny though that they did not realize that the match was not going to happen so they could not have the players fly half way around the world only to hear it is not going to happen. Again, this shows total the disorganization of this admin.

Captain, mikase an com steady di ship!!
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

dis one smell like the ENTIRE fish market or as mi cousin used to seh...like 3 day old cabbage water!!!

sup'm nuh right!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          dis one smell like the ENTIRE fish market or as mi cousin used to seh...like 3 day old cabbage water!!!

sup'm nuh right!
                          Yup!

..but, where is the rot?
                          From Fuller?
                          From the JFF?
                          ...both Fuller and the JFF?

...and, what is this...how is it explained - 'training took place'?

Comment

Yuhseeit! Joke bizniz.

Den di coach come talk bout "half way round the world". From Englandt? Tek people fi fool!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                              ...so they could not have the players fly half way around the world...
                              What, they had a stop over in Moscow before heading this side?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X