X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the best interviews on the state of

Jamaican football.

https://youtu.be/-3yHsdhv62g
    Debunked the Bulkhead myth aka Butler hype. Debunked the development theory of clubs and schools.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

What did you like about it? How would you summarize what was said?

Comment

1) I liked that everything was put on the table

2) Alot of myths were dispelled

3) To summarise it , jamaican football is a mess and despite that , we went to 2 GC finals , a womans world cup and players are still being exported out the island to further their development. Just imagine if it was straightened out. Its a good thing we have these online media platforms willing to expose agendas, instead some of us who want to keep things in the dark, act as if they know the runnings on Jamaican football , worse yet believe they have a workable plan.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

What I found interesting is Maxwell takes pride in recruiting, or lets say the identification of talent. They dont talk about developing players as even the Paris that the talks about is under develop physically and technically although very talented. So you see although they brag about this and that they clearly dont understand what is needed. Going to primary schools to ID players and selling them to High schools and clubs is not the solution, but we are buried in what we dont understand. Maxwell is part of the problem not the solution.

Comment

Did you miss the part where he implied development is a process, 1st they get sourced, 2nd they get plugged into the school boy club system and 3rd the ultimate goal is to export them abroad where the real money is made for clubs and scouts like him( Development continues overseas). Did you miss the part where he said the system has its faults and alot needs to be done , specifically he states clubs and schools need to form partnerships in developing players , he used Wagga Hunt calabar/medhaven as an example. Did you miss the part where he stated one of his greatest joy was exporting a youth overseas who got a scholarship and made something out of his life.

Given that context you should understand that Maxwell operates within a system/culture that has been going on before him , if you come again with your nonsense that clubs should be developing players exclusively , given the cultural economic reality of Jamaica , then you are more clueless than your accused. We need 14 Mount pleasants in each parish to function in your european ideal of an academy. I dont think you undersatnd what that entails, not only is Mt.Pleasant developing footballers, they are developing good citizens to procure life long earning skills to provide for self and family, if they fail as footballers or retire after football. That is something no other club in Jamaica can provide, hence the need to link with schools.
          Last edited by Sir X; April 13, 2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Maxwell should be telling us he exported at least 50 players to college overseas. I remember when he was at Constant Spring a player came to a New York college from the team. He came in the summer and the coach talk to assistant coach who was my brethren telling him he was disappointed as the player came out of shape. My brethren had to make a plan for him to run all summer and supervise him. He eventually was in shape for the season and turned out to be a very good player for the school. These are things should be seen and worked on it is not hard to do.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

At least you know and see the value of the Maxwell's, in Jamaican football, technically he is a scout or a agent , OJ finds it interesting that he is doing this and not talking about developing players, he never said he does development. He speaks of putting them in the enviroment to be developed. This speaks to OJs cognitive dissonance, typical OJ ,always trying to push his agenda,ignorng context. In other words im put 2 and 2 together and get hungry belly.Clap yuhself Sass, yuh mek sense.
              Last edited by Sir X; April 13, 2022, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                At least you know and see the value of the Maxwell's, in Jamaican football, technically he is a scout or a agent , OJ finds it interesting that he is doing this and not talking about developing players, he never said he does development. He speaks of putting them in the environment to be developed. This speaks to OJs cognitive dissonance, typical OJ ,always trying to push his agenda,ignoring context. In other words im put 2 and 2 together and get hungry belly.Clap yuhself Sass, yuh mek sense.
                See X this is what I am getting at in how people get misled. Maxwell is bad for football. He is an agent who scouts 12 year olds or good players at non traditional or small schools and route them to the big schools, Georges, KC, JC and CB ect.. He does not coach, or knows how to coach or develop a player. Identifying a player is one thing but do you have the support structure how to develop him/her. We heard the ISSA people told you that it is not the schools responsibility to develop players, and we know most clubs dont have the resources to do so with players at the development age (8-12). So if they are not doing it who is doing it? It is not about pushing an agenda I am calling a spade a spade. People like X are gullible they dont understand the sport so they look at one thing and run with it.. These are the people we want out of football ..

Comment

Giving your analysis

1) You dont want any scouts procuring under 12 youths to schools, incidentally he says he also scouts for clubs .

2) Issa says schools are not responsible in developoing youths, that doesnt not mean some are not doing it ( as you and Maxwell stated schools are scouting talent for that purpose, Maxwell went further and pointed to a partnership between Medhaven/Cbar. Did you miss that )

3) You are not calling a spade a spade, your are acknowleging the above is happening which all under the sun has done so before you and I. MAXWELL HIMSELF STATED THIS . Why the cognitive dissonance on your part, what is your point, if any , do you have a better option giving our cultural economic reality, or do you just want to be running around in circles not saying anything new for the next decade.

4) You accuse me of not understanding the sport as if you have any grasp on Jamaicas football , your analytical presentations isnt in sync with reality. 1st you want scouts to be in the business of development, what he is doing is what scouts do all over the world, which is to procure talent and place them in the best avenue for their development. 2nd you want to attack and dismiss me , him and others like him who point out the reality they operate in( Clubs , Schools and Colleges in JA cant do it by themselves, development is a process with a holistic component to it i.e mental,physical and educational) , 3rd you have no solution to the reality except to offer lip service that the 1st world does it differently and better, therefore Jamaica must follow that example.

Again we need 14 MT PLEASANTS in the 14 parishes to scratch the surface of development on a 1st world standard, where youths are trained not only in football but life long educational trade/profession to make a living after football.

Comment

so I think, you get it..>>>> The Medhaven/Cbar is a model can be developed. We are trying one with primary schools and private academy. Listen I am not throwing out the baby with the bath water I am saying to you be careful anyone can recruit but few develops.

Comment

Jackie Walters was master at recruiting and building a team but development??? I see it here all the time. I will talk a little on the subject later.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                        so I think, you get it..>>>> The Medhaven/Cbar is a model can be developed. We are trying one with primary schools and private academy. Listen I am not throwing out the baby with the bath water I am saying to you be careful anyone can recruit but few develops.

1) Really you arent throwing the baby out with the bath water,so what is it then,is it to dismiss and tear down if it isnt coming from you ?. Now you reference the Medhaven/Cbar model and you are trying one with private schools and a private academy , and I should be careful that anyone can recruit, but few develop talent ?, no doubt you are part of the few that can develop.

2) You contradict your positions,left, right and center , the only thing anyone can take away from your gibberish is , only you have a righteous solution, which isnt different from the others. To put it bluntly, you are embarrasing yourself. I am glad we have it on record

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post

1) Really you arent throwing the baby out with the bath water,so what is it then,is it to dismiss and tear down if it isnt coming from you ?. Now you reference the Medhaven/Cbar model and you are trying one with private schools and a private academy , and I should be careful that anyone can recruit, but few develop talent ?, no doubt you are part of the few that can develop.

2) You contradict your positions,left, right and center , the only thing anyone can take away from your gibberish is , only you have a righteous solution, which isnt different from the others. To put it bluntly, you are embarrasing yourself. I am glad we have it on record

SuperChat the man tell you himself, He makes money from recruiting for schools and Cavalier. He says he is NOT a coach, yet he is wong upteen titles. We have see one of this protege in Kareem Paris who went away and was very underdeveloped
                          Last edited by OJ; April 14, 2022, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I really dont know if I should dignify you with a response, man can suh fool, which jamaican footballer has left the Island that didnt need or continue his development. I dont know what your issue is , besides saying the system isnt perfect which we all agree on , you offer nothing new on a way forward , besides to denigrate others operating in a system which you admit you are party to, by linking with a primary school. You dont find that hypocritcal.

1) Are you giving something back to the primary school
                            2) Is somene getting a fee if these kids are transfered from your links
                            3) Will the youths development continue if transfered
                            4) How is that different from the Maxwells of Jamaica.

Comment

Working...
                            X