Clear All

• U-23s win again

U-23s win again
    U-23s win again
    ... edge Barbados 1-0, almost through to next phase

Jamaica............1
    Cousins (7th)
    Barbados..........0

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Jamaica's Under-23 footballers virtually secured a berth to the next stage of the CFU Olympic Games qualifiers when they held on for a 1-0 win over Barbados at the Complehjo Deportivo Guillermo Trinidad yesterday.

Stand-in skipper, Ricardo Cousins, scored the all-important goal with a superb 25-yard freekick that earned the appreciation of the supporters who had little to cheer about in a game that lacked zest for the most part.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...181&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I have my doubts about this U-23 squad. I am not convinced that we have become so great a football nation, overnight, that half of this team can be comprised of U-20 players. One day we can't qualify for jack (or is it Jack?), the next we have 18 year olds packing our U-23 team.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm always for the blooding of youth on our teams if they do indeed show promise, but...

Did Wendell discover the Midas touch with these Pan Am youths?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      I have my doubts about this U-23 squad. I am not convinced that we have become so great a football nation, overnight, that half of this team can be comprised of U-20 players. One day we can't qualify for jack (or is it Jack?), the next we have 18 year olds packing our U-23 team.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm always for the blooding of youth on our teams if they do indeed show promise, but...

Did Wendell discover the Midas touch with these Pan Am youths?
      We need to live in the real world - That laudable achievement by the U-20 at the Pan AM games must be looked at in the light of the big guys having their 1st string U-20 engaged elsewhere.

Our U-20s still need to prove themselves.

That Wendell finds so many of them to be deserving of U-23 places just points to the paupacy of quality players under 23 years in age. It is worth noting that we should be turning out international quality players from 17 years through 23 years (continuously) if we are to take our place as among the World's best nations. This just underlines what we all know, we have serious problems there.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        That Wendell finds so many of them to be deserving of U-23 places just points to the paupacy of quality players under 23 years in age.
        Not necessarily, Karl. You cannot draw such a conclusion. It might be a possibility, but no way can you definitively state such a thing!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what if anything can be stated definitively? only results nothing else.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            U-23s win again
            U-23s win again
            ... edge Barbados 1-0, almost through to next phase

Jamaica............1
            Cousins (7th)
            Barbados..........0

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Jamaica's Under-23 footballers virtually secured a berth to the next stage of the CFU Olympic Games qualifiers when they held on for a 1-0 win over Barbados at the Complehjo Deportivo Guillermo Trinidad yesterday.

Stand-in skipper, Ricardo Cousins, scored the all-important goal with a superb 25-yard freekick that earned the appreciation of the supporters who had little to cheer about in a game that lacked zest for the most part.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...181&category=1
            well may not disagree but mexico had there #1 u20 squad and equador,also few of the players were expose in the Lunar cup,the chemistry is good but boyus may exclude 2 or three players from the u20 squad when we go on to the next phrase.

Comment

Working...
            X