Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell eyes Bora's contract

Burrell eyes Bora's contract
    I am prepared to give it my best shot, says BurrellHoward Walker, Observer writer howardh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, September 11, 2007

BURRELL ... I am confident that everyone will play his part in helping Jamaica's football to once again reach the level every single Jamaican would like to see

Captain Horace Burrell, who is set to return as president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), told the Observer yesterday that one of his first priorities is to review the contract of the Technical Director, Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic, when he takes office in November, to decide the coach's future.

Said Burrell: "Certainly, I would want to review his contract and speak with other members of the new board before a decision is taken either way," said Burrell, who is currently in Miami on business.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...180&category=1
    Last edited by Karl; September 11, 2007, 08:44 AM.

Burrell vows to be more 'inclusive'

Burrell vows to be more 'inclusive'
    published: Tuesday | September 11, 2007

Gordon Williams, Contributor

Captain Horace Burrell

A kindler, gentler Captain Horace Burrell is set to return to office as president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) after four years in the wilderness from local football's top job.

Burrell, the sole nominee and therefore an automatic selection for the post when JFF's voting congress is held on November 4, has admitted that he reflected on his past stint as JFF president and decided that he must be more tolerant in his new term.

"I have learned, certainly, a number of lessons," he said yesterday while embarking on a trip to the United States and the Caribbean.
    "Things this time around will be different. I will be far more inclusive."

During his first stint as president, which lasted close to a decade, the former military man, who helped guide the national programme to some of its greatest successes, including qualification for the finals of the senior, Under-20 and Under-17 World Cups, was often accused of being autocratic.

That trait, many football observers believed, led to his shock defeat by current president, Crenston Boxhill, during JFF elections four years ago.
    While few questioned Burrell's ability to get things done, many soured on his dominant leadership style. The scathing accusations, Burrell said, have not been ignored and he is willing to make adjustments.

"You can never escape criticism," he said. "But where I believe that criticism is justified, I will have to respect it.
    "I have had time to think about it. It's been four years (out of office)."

Reviewing approach
    Burrell said while he will not abandon his own personality, the reality of the stinging loss in November 2003 had forced him to review his approach this time around.

"There were a number of accusations levelled against me in terms of my leadership style," he explained. "It is not that I will change my leadership style totally. But when criticism has been levelled at you, you have to take a step back.

"I have decided to be more inclusive."

When asked if he would become a kindler, gentler Burrell, the captain answered: "I would want to think so."

Burrell was also quick to thank the reported 12 of 13 parish associations, which nominated him for JFF president. Only the post of first vice-president will be contested on November 4 at the Congress. Incumbent Linnel McLean and Dale Spencer are the candidates.

In addition to Burrell, the other unopposed nominees are Bruce Gaynor, second vice-president; Raymond Anderson, third vice-president; Garfield Sinclair, treasurer; and Lorraine Scringer, executive officer.

Although he is a shoo-in for the post of president, Burrell declined to answer any questions relating to his planned course of action in his new term. However, in a show of his new leadership approach, Burrell said he planned to meet with all the nominees for JFF executive posts soon.
    "The last time around I was accused of being autocratic," he said. "I really want to start on a good footing. I should get all the people together for a pow-wow.

"I am humbled by the confidence shown by the football fraternity towards my return," he added. "That is overwhelming. I am appreciative of the confidence shown in me."

Gordon Williams is a Jamaican journalist based in the United States.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Weh Siccko deh?
      faintly memba seh im di ave sum-en if seh bout pa-si-ble JFF Officer body?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

he has vowed to be more inclusive.....well that is a tacit admission....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          he has vowed to be more inclusive.....well that is a tacit admission....

...that jumping innah di sea wen nudged...jus suh nuh good?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Captain Horace Burrell

"Things this time around will be different. I will be far more inclusive."

Burrell said while he will not abandon his own personality, the reality of the stinging loss in November 2003 had forced him to review his approach this time around.

"I have decided to be more inclusive."

When asked if he would become a kindler, gentler Burrell, the captain answered: "I would want to think so."

"The last time around I was accused of being autocratic," he said. "I really want to start on a good footing. I should get all the people together for a pow-wow.
            Well, let me get my suit dry-cleaned! What's a pow-wow?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

???? er..yes...uhm ... about 12 or so?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mosiah are you for real? You don't know what a pow wow is? A pow wow is a meeting yaw. It is what the native americans would do when they smoked the peace pipe. LOL. - T.K.
                No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Mosiah knows the term pow-wow T.K.
                  He is just a playa-haytah.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Dem say every dissapointment is for a reason and sometimes you greatest dissapointment end up being your greatest lesson.

However the price of freedom is eternal vigilance(or is it the price of democracy?) so its time for us to stop talk and to start walk.

Burrell needs to be part of the reggaeboyzsc and whats the deal with our not for profit arm? Are we set up to accept donations on the web? IF so let us start moving and get ourselves into a position fi stop talk and start doing.

First things first we need a sit down with Burrell and since Mosiah a carry belly along with Sickko I volunteer to go do it my damn self.(can't bodda with the one bag of man a carry belly round yah a full time unnu abort it)

Even TK come around to see the vision in Brand Jamaica and the wisdom in the fact that 25 Adu's do reside in Jamaica(mawning TK) so if TK can come around then hope exists for everyone.

HL knows that one person don't know it all and that we live in the INFORMATION age so why just a put our ideas on the web to roll off to the other page instead of making sure we AFFECT positive change on our football?

How long are we going to be content to just sit back and talk?

Welcome back Burrell I was one of the first to lobby for you to go and I swapped black dog for monkey. I will be the first to say that Boxhill was a disgrace to our football and that at this juncture we welcome your superior management skills as HL have been pointing out all along.

Now we don't hope that we work together, we are TELLING you that we are going to work together as having learnt the lesson of putting our trust in man this time we are making sure we have a say in Jamaican football.

We aren't BEGGING to be involved, we will just make ourselves indespensable and so the first order of business is our apparel contract and so anything less than US $10 million a year is unacceptable and thats if we are going outside Jamaica to get a sponsor.

I would prefer if we have our own factory in Jamaica and exploit our own brand so that we can not only make our own jersey but cash in on the lucrative spin offs in Jackets, women wear, children wear, wallbangers, etc. etc.

Full time we stop being slaves and seeing ourselves as just workers and not thinkers. Self-Reliance is the new buzzword round here and the first guy who dare to flip up against it will be shot a "cyber-box" so hard dem keyboard spin!

lets get down to business and if the reggaeboyz supporters club non profit no mek a move by the end of this month then the Jamaican Awareness group in California will be taking the reins.

Man stop si dung and wait pon unnu now the bag of long talking done as Gamma so rightly pointed out "by his deeds shall a man be known'" We have been talking for too long now.

Time to get a move on!

aaaah the pleasures of chamollie(sp) tea

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Burrell was also quick to thank the reported 12 of 13 parish associations, which nominated him for JFF president. Only the post of first vice-president will be contested on November 4 at the Congress. Incumbent Linnel McLean and Dale Spencer are the candidates.
                      luk lacka Linnie salt!
                      A mi fren but im a guh get -
                      Yes, baa-ba hit luk lacka di delegates a guh nudge in -
                      innah di sea!

Comment

With Burrell, yuh haffi mek sure. Next ting him did say pow-pow and him bruk mi jaw bone!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl do you have my email and new number? if so please link me as I have located a factory a few miles from my home that can make and print any form of jersey's.

I have in mind a reggaeboyz supporters club jersey with our logo watermarked in it much like the Mexican jersey and they can use whatever material. I talked to the owner and all we need to get started is the design to make sample jersey and from there you can take orders off the website and have the jerseys made to order so as not to hold any inventory.

The jerseys can be made to whatever size we want along with windbreaker, jackets and women jerseys along with organic cotton, hemp, or whatever you want done. I am telling the I dem this so that when mi thing buss the I dem no say Shatta never told us.

IT would cost at the most $100 to get everything started and with our non profit organisation then its time to get visible and do the benefit concert in Jamaica and the USA so as to raise awareness and money to our cause.

I have all the entertainers onboard and since setting deadlines is the way of business the man dem have 48 hrs fi think this over and get a move on(true Shotta's don't give more than 48 hours)

If we believe that things can be done better then we need to SHOW how things can be done better and stop the talking

We have the factory and we have the "marketer" plus we have Mosiah brethrin who makes fields so how about having a concert at say St Georges where we buss one in Jamaica and one in NY or California with the proceeds going towards installing a proper field etc?

Do you think the people would sit up and take notice? Would our deeds now match our words?

We are talking too much and the I dem have 48hrs starting now,

Karl how are you doing today?

Comment

Originally posted by Shatta View Post
                            Karl do you have my email and new number? if so please link me as I have located a factory a few miles from my home that can make and print any form of jersey's.

I have in mind a reggaeboyz supporters club jersey with our logo watermarked in it much like the Mexican jersey and they can use whatever material. I talked to the owner and all we need to get started is the design to make sample jersey and from there you can take orders off the website and have the jerseys made to order so as not to hold any inventory.

The jerseys can be made to whatever size we want along with windbreaker, jackets and women jerseys along with organic cotton, hemp, or whatever you want done. I am telling the I dem this so that when mi thing buss the I dem no say Shatta never told us.

IT would cost at the most $100 to get everything started and with our non profit organisation then its time to get visible and do the benefit concert in Jamaica and the USA so as to raise awareness and money to our cause.

I have all the entertainers onboard and since setting deadlines is the way of business the man dem have 48 hrs fi think this over and get a move on(true Shotta's don't give more than 48 hours)

If we believe that things can be done better then we need to SHOW how things can be done better and stop the talking

We have the factory and we have the "marketer" plus we have Mosiah brethrin who makes fields so how about having a concert at say St Georges where we buss one in Jamaica and one in NY or California with the proceeds going towards installing a proper field etc?

Do you think the people would sit up and take notice? Would our deeds now match our words?

Just saw this, boss!
                            In a few!
                            Respek!

Comment

Originally posted by Shatta View Post

Boss: mi nuh find di numba dem. Link mi nuh?
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X