need quality players for NCAA Division 1 program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need quality players for NCAA Division 1 program

Apart from conducting my academy I am now a coach with Longwood University outside of Richmond. Longwood is a young NCAA Division 1 program and we are looking for good quality student athletes that may compete at this level. We do have scholarship monies available.

We would like to organize an identification weekend where we may be able to go to Jamaica and identify possible talent. We can do this mid November, December or January. The sooner the better.

Any help anyone may provide us in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Bill Moravek

need quality players for NCAA Division 1 program

I am in search for quality student athletes for a young NCAA division 1 program..Longwood University..outside of Richmond Virginia.

We would like to set up an identification weekend if possible in Jamaica. This may be done in Mid November, December or January.

Also, if any have any quality players you would like us to make contact with ( in Jamaica or elsewhere), please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Bill Moravek
    Mens Soccer - Longwood University
    www.MoravekSoccerSchool

Comment

I will give you a call soon!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Congratulations Bill!!

Can't wait for you to start beating the likes of St Johns, Maryland and others...
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

bill... congratulations on your achievement... nice of you to reach out to the jamaican community...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

mosiah, mek sure yuh find some yutes from kc to help bill... you know kc has the 'student athletes'...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Moravek View Post
              Apart from conducting my academy I am now a coach with Longwood University outside of Richmond. Longwood is a young NCAA Division 1 program and we are looking for good quality student athletes that may compete at this level. We do have scholarship monies available.

We would like to organize an identification weekend where we may be able to go to Jamaica and identify possible talent. We can do this mid November, December or January. The sooner the better.

Any help anyone may provide us in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
              Bill Moravek
              CONGRATS!
              Will be following your team!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Congratulations!

Mo mek sure yuh recommend ballers who can handle college academics.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

daz why him fi mek sure him look at kc yutes...

yu know fortis yutes up to de task... can yu see my bias here...

i know mo will be impartial in his recommendations...

Comment

Yeah, Mo knows the runnings...
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mo is a good yute and will make worthwhile recommendations to Bill. Yuh know if it was me is so so STETHS man I would be selecting and some fambily of course.

Bill, thanks for keeping us in your thoughts when these opportunities came up. Wishing you all the best in your endeavors.
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Bill the problem with getting player out of Ja is the grade and SAT scores
                        I often talk to coaches who have money and trying but it the best of the lot usually a subject short ant tell you they went and do the SAT without preparing.

Maybe like how you have some influence you can tell them the importance of having the grades. Good luck to you.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assasin...I understand completely..hopefully since I was there on two different occasions as a coach, I may have a positive influence and stress the academics....any suggestions and help are welcome. Thank you..

Comment

I would suggest as I did to my friend to find teams like St.Georges United and Sporting Central who have young youths and good management structure and are very proud to have a good contact or two. I know there is a player at St.Georges, the top striker and he has a few subjects but I don't know about his SAT. I think Garwood is the name and he seems like a decent young man and a leader. I will give you a link if I can find it.

One of the reasons I say this is many of the top few players want to go to
                            the St.Johns, UConn etc. but as you know there is often some good talent who just need some good coaching.

Just keep your players on a low profile as other coaches like to do a last minute thing to get your players.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thanks...I have been out of the loop for the past few years really because I have been concentrating on my two boys...which by the way, my oldest who has just turned 5 is wicked. He can pretty much do anything with a football dribbling...and can run like a gazelle :-). The job came open though...and first I said..I do not want to head coach..right off. As it would take away from my kids...and they said (the AD and head coach) I could have my boys at all the practices...home and away games etc. etc.....they have been very accomodating in that regard...so that was the reason for taking it more than anything else...the head coach is cool with no ego (for once)..so that was a plus as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X