Bora going home by December?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bora going home by December?

I wonder how long will Bruce pay Bora's salary? Him better don't lose any more matches!
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Originally posted by Time View Post
    I wonder how long will Bruce pay Bora's salary? Him better don't lose any more matches!
    The contract that Bora signed have nothing to do with Bruce Golding. yes, the government might be changing, but life goes on, its business as usual.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

wow you think we had more sense than this.

Comment

We cannot ignore the fact that government has a hand in the payment of Bora's salary. If the new admin decides that they are not honoring the previous government's commitment to the coach's salary, then Burrell and company would need to find alternative source of funding to make up the short-fall.

What if the JFF cannot find a source to take up the slack if the government drops out of the deal? How do you think we could move forward on this issue. I am not sure the Portia Simpson Miller admin would have signed a binding contract with the JFF on something like this.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

So with limited funds, and with education and healthcare having more priority than sports ... what should the new gov't do? I guess if they seize funding Bora's salary everybody gonna throw a hissy fit.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I agree but for a different reason...JFF wont have to fire Bora, he wont work with Burrell I said that a long time ago but no one wanted to listen
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Here come Rene to finish his job.
              I can see ball start rolling again
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                . . .he wont work with Burrell I said that a long time ago but no one wanted to listen
                How can you make such an assertion Sickko? Have you discussed this with Bora?
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

then they would be in breach of contract!...

Comment

Who could be in breach, the government? As far as I know, the government does not have a contract with Bora. The government promised the JFF to help them with the salary.

OJ, imagine this. You have a woman living in South London, Ontario who wants to rent an apartment. She saw a nice apartment she likes, but thinks the asking price would be a bit steep for her on her earnings. As the nice jenkelman you are, you offer to pay X amount of the monthly lease so she can get the apartment.

Three months down the road, you and this woman go your separate ways. Do you think that you can be held responsible for keeping up that part of the deal you made with her when she signed that lease? Remember, you were not party to the lease.

In the government's case, they are involved with the JFF, but they are not a party to the contract with Bora. I do not think the government can be held liable for breach of contract (Gamma can korrek mi if mi wrang).

Comment

it's called privity of contract....HOWEVER there is a concept in equity (not law) called a promissory estoppel which basically says that if a promise is made and the party relies on the promise, to their detriment, then the promisse is estopped from denying the promise and may be liable for damages incurred in reliance on the promise.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mi haffi doh siddung when mi read this.
                        I got the idea however.

Thanks

Comment

Agreed not the government. The JFF is on the hook. If they terminate the contract they are liable, but lets not go there yet. I do think Eddie played a roll in getting that done. So I am hopefully they will continue to build on it.

Comment

Horace Burrell knows performance 'a do-hit'. ...managing performance that is!

Bora's salary is a drag on the JFF. The question is simple - Can Horace Burrell get us to World Cup 2010 finals paying less? ...so that there are funds available to properly prepare and fund all other national teams and maintain and improve all other necessary areas of 'di football'?

Simple - manage for success! ...'or else' i.e. "jump in the sea" or be "thrown in the sea"!

...and, Burrell knows the answer to that "or, else" - "im nuh a wait fi climb outta di sea come November?

Just like one in burning house...it is a simple move out! What is there to think about excepting "the how"? Soooooo the Good Captain knows he must move - we wait on "the how"! Will ditching Bora be a part of that "the how"? We'll see!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                              I agree but for a different reason...JFF wont have to fire Bora, he wont work with Burrell I said that a long time ago but no one wanted to listen
                              Are you saying to us that Bora only came here to work with Clueless Crenston and no one else? And did he only learn of Burrell's "arrogance" since the time he's been here, or did he know of this before? I have a hard time accepting that Bora would not want to work with a proven football administrator like Horace Burrell....

I dont buy your arguement.
                              President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Working...
                              X