X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luton hand is broken

S****************horpe v Blades - team news
    Posted on: Fri 31 Aug 2007

Luton Shelton is doubtful for Saturday's Coca-Cola Championship clash against S****************horpe United at Glanford Park after breaking his hand.

The pacey forward joins Australian international David Carney on the doubtful list, whilst defender Gary Naysmith, midfielder Lee Hendrie and striker Rob Hulse are definite absentees.

Blades boss Bryan Robson explained: "Luton broke his hand in the game at MK Dons on Tuesday night and he's a doubt for the weekend.

"He complained about it as soon as he came into the dressing room. He had an x-ray and it revealed it was a break there."

Robson continued: "Luton had an impact when he came on at MK Dons. He has to work on parts of his game within the team framework, but he's capable of developing into being a very good player and, as an athlete, he's very good."

The Gaffer added: "Dave picked up a nasty dead leg in that match. It's not a serious injury - he'll need a couple of days rest and shouldn't be too bad. We'll assess him on Friday.

"It's an injury that Dave can do without - he took the ball well and passed it well on Tuesday and is getting there with his match fitness."

Robson has suggested that Naysmith and Hendrie, who are recovering from knee ligament and knee cartilage injuries respectively, may be fit for United's home match versus Wolves on 15 September.

"Gary and Lee have started running and they're coming along nicely. The international break has come at a good time, and hopefully both of them will come into contention for the Wolves game."

Former S****************horpe United striker Billy Sharp is in contention to face his former club this weekend. The Blades Academy product played 78 minutes of United's last Championship match, the 1-0 victory over West Brom at the Lane on 25 August.

Hulse, meanwhile, is making good progress on the comeback trail from a broken leg suffered at Chelsea in March.

In the opposition camp, S****************horpe boss Nigel Adkins has a near fully fit squad to choose from for Saturday's clash.

Centre-back Izzy Iriekpen is struggling with a hamstring strain that he sustained in the Iron's Carling Cup first round exit to Hartlepool United on 14 August.

Former Blades duo Kevan Hurst and Jonathan Forte are in contention after they played 83 and 30 minutes respectively of S****************horpe's 2-1 Championship defeat at Bristol City last Saturday.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

How him a go work on it from the bench?

"Robson continued: "Luton had an impact when he came on at MK Dons. He has to work on parts of his game within the team framework, but he's capable of developing into being a very good player and, as an athlete, he's very good."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I wish Luton a speedy recovery!

...and, quick improvement towards always giving TEAM game.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      S****************horpe v Blades - team news
      Posted on: Fri 31 Aug 2007

Robson continued: "Luton had an impact when he came on at MK Dons. He has to work on parts of his game within the team framework, but he's capable of developing into being a very good player and, as an athlete, he's very good."
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Training and reserve games maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          How him a go work on it from the bench?

"Robson continued: "Luton had an impact when he came on at MK Dons. He has to work on parts of his game within the team framework, but he's capable of developing into being a very good player and, as an athlete, he's very good."
          Well, at least it shows that the coach recognizes his talent. It is obvious however that the coach needs players who can hit the ground running. Luton therefore has to work on his game in the opportunities given with the senior side and in reserve games. You always talk as if it is only the senior team games on Saturdays and Wednesdays where he can get the chance to work on his game.

From the outset i have been saying the same thing to you. It is obvious that Robson recognize Shelton's talent, but Shelton will need to work on his game so that he can deliver what the coach wants. Again I say anywhere Shelton goes, it is going to be the same thing. You can read my past posts and see if my position has changed.

I wish him a speedy recovery.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla mi a warn you again, Robson believe inna the old England game where strikers are supposedly rounded, if them play to Shelton strenght he will score. Too many quality forward at that team and Luton oppurtunity going to be limited.

Comment

Working...
            X