Stephen deRoux of DC United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen deRoux of DC United

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=405></TD><TD width=225><DIV class=bioBg1 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/imgs/bios/der488119.gif)" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"><DIV class=sm style="MARGIN: 10px 0px">team roster </DIV><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=210 bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR class=bioHeadSpan1 vAlign=center><TD colSpan=3>2006 season stats</TD></TR><TR class=bioHeadSpan2 vAlign=center><TD width=70>GP</TD><TD width=70>Goals</TD><TD width=70>Assists</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center><TD class=bioStat align=middle>-</TD><TD class=bioStat align=middle>-</TD><TD class=bioStat align=middle>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><DIV class=bioBg2><DIV class=vitals><SPAN class=bioGrey>name: </SPAN>Stephen deRoux
    <SPAN class=bioGrey>position: </SPAN>M
    <SPAN class=bioGrey>height: </SPAN>5-9 <SPAN class=bioGrey>weight:</SPAN>155
    <SPAN class=bioGrey>Birthdate: </SPAN>December 13, 1983
    <SPAN class=bioGrey>Hometown: </SPAN>St. Mary's, Jamaica
    <SPAN class=bioGrey>last club: </SPAN>
    </DIV></DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=player_stats_hdr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=630 xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD>Regular Season Stats</TD><TD class="sm txt2" align=right>full bio <SPAN class="txt1 txtSt1">l </SPAN>year-by-year stats</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=player_stats cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=630><TBODY><TR><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">year</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=left width="15%">team</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">gp</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">gs</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">min</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">g</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">a</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">sht</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">sog</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">fc</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">fs</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">c</TD><TD class=statsHdr align=middle width="5%">ej</TD></TR><TR class=bg1><TD class=statCell align=middle width="5%">2006</TD><TD class="statCell statLabel" align=left>D.C. United</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD><TD class=statCell align=right width="5%">0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=statLabel align=left colSpan=2>Career</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD><TD class=statTot align=right>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><H4>MLS Experience</H4>2005: Able to play in both the midfield and defense, deRoux spent a good portion of the pre-season training with the team, before suffering a broken foot. After a summer of healing and
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: Stephen deRoux of DC United

Saw this kid live tonight at the Salt Lake vs DC United game. He had some good moments and shows good speed down the left flank. Arriving late to the game as I did (by 10 minutes) I didn't realize he was a left back. He went forward quite a bit.

Stood out about him was his speed. He's very fast and he plays under control. You don't see the fast and foolish play from him. He however lacked imagination as he seemed to try the same type of move every time down the flank. His moves became easier to snuff out as the game went on. He seems like an important player to United. I don't follow DC as closely as I probably should so I can't tell anything about him.

In my opinion, DeRoux has potential but he isn't there yet!

Comment

The breddah is a baller. Mi tell TK two months ago to make sure him tell the man to contact the JFF.

Comment

I think he has potential. He may not be a finished article, but he could develop into something big. The JFF had better get him in our programme now.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

He certainly isn't complete, but as you said he definitely has the potential.

Can't say too much, but I will simply say that I saw this kid outplay some people who are in the National squad.

Hopefully somebody from the JFF will at least make some contact with him.

Comment

Tilla Deroux had a wicked first half for D.C. United. He was ****ing all over the Salt Lake team on the left hand side. They had no answer for him. He was outstanding.

In the 2nd half he faded. It was clear that he is not used to playing a full game at that pace. This was his first start the team and I think he has only come on once this season as a sub. He was actually with the team from last year but was injured right before the start of the season and missed that entire year of development. If had not been injured I am sure he would be getting regular playing time today.

I thought all theJamaican players had a good game. - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Actually Matter he is not a left back. He played outside mid for DC. Remember DC plays a 3-5-2 so that requires the outside mid to track all the way back to defend once possesion is lost. That is probably why you thoughthe was a left back.

I think you're assesment of Deroux is spot on. For a first time out on the fied he had a good show. He was succesful cutting into the middle once he got into the attacking third all throughout the first half. In the 2nd half the defender adjusted and gave him the outside to go at and I cannot remember Deroux once taking him up on the offer and getting around the back of him.He has great potential. We might be seeing more him as the season progresses.- T.K.

Comment

I have not talked Deroux at all. Whenever I get the chance I certainly will mention it to him. As well I will tell him to beat down Clint Dempsey the next time the play the Revolution. - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                X