X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No slate of candidates yet, says Burrell

No slate of candidates yet, says Burrell

Friday, August 31, 2007

Captain Horace Burrell, the sole candidate for the post of JFF president, says he wants to dispel "rumours" that he has selected a slate of candidates for the November 4 Voting Congress set for Negril, Westmoreland.

"I would like to disband rumours that there is a selected slate of candidates for the JFF election scheduled for November. pleased be advised that I have not selected any slate of candidates for the afore-mentioned event.

"I am respectful of the nomination process currently in place and the decisions of the affiliates," a release from Burrell said last evening.

Burrell, a former president of the JFF and current senior vice-president of the CFU, who has been silent since the incumbent Boxhill announced he will not be seeking re-election, said he will comment on the whole election business when the federation "makes an official announcement on the nominations received, thereafter, I will be able to comment".

It is said that 12 of 13 parish associations have committed to supporting Burrell in the upcoming polls. Only the powerful confederation, KSAFA, abstained.

"I am honoured and humbled by the nominations submitted in my favour by affiliates of the JFF for the position of president for which I am expressing thanks publicly for their confidence in me," the release added.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

mmmm?
    - taking the micky out of KSAFA?

A couple of our delegates wanted us to examine looking to make our presence felt in other capacities,like perhaps a vice-presidency spot. But Burrell already has his team in place and we have assessed that it is a capable one.

- Stewart Stephenson - KSAFA President
    http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...172&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That is not true...he is busy approaching people right left and centre and trust me, Boxhill's withdrawal has had an effect that no one was expecting.

The Burell team was so busy promisging Tom Dick and Harry things to get thenm on his team that Boxhill's move has set the cat among the pigeoons as now since there will be no election for president...a lot of people will be left behind.

Loyalists like David Watt, and Lorraine Scringer who were hoping to the Exec Officer, and Everton Tomlinson who was hoping to get the Third VP spot, people like Linnelll Mclean who switched and threw his weight behind Burell will be left out.

A dog war is brewing in western jamaica as they all lin eup for the crumbs.

Watch this space it will get worst before it gets better and western football will be torn apart by all of this...
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Peter prendergast will run for the exec officer position as he has plans of running for presidnet of KSAFA next time then go after the JFF president in fpour years time.

They have tabbed Dale Spencer from Manchester is up for first VP and the St mary President as Third VP; some guy from Portmore is the candiddate for treasurer.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
          That is not true...he is busy approaching people right left and centre and trust me, Boxhill's withdrawal has had an effect that no one was expecting.

The Burell team was so busy promisging Tom Dick and Harry things to get thenm on his team that Boxhill's move has set the cat among the pigeoons as now since there will be no election for president...a lot of people will be left behind.

Loyalists like David Watt, and Lorraine Scringer who were hoping to the Exec Officer, and Everton Tomlinson who was hoping to get the Third VP spot, people like Linnelll Mclean who switched and threw his weight behind Burell will be left out.

A dog war is brewing in western jamaica as they all lin eup for the crumbs.

Watch this space it will get worst before it gets better and western football will be torn apart by all of this...
          What is not true?

Stephenson's statement...?

...or your post above which underscores Burrell's i.e. Burrell is still meeting persons and has not yet taken a decision on who he would like to be members of his executive and shall suggest to/may suggest to the delegates as his preferences?
          Last edited by Karl; August 31, 2007, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            "I am respectful of the nomination process currently in place and the decisions of the affiliates," a release from Burrell said last evening.

"I am honoured and humbled by the nominations submitted in my favour by affiliates of the JFF for the position of president for which I am expressing thanks publicly for their confidence in me," the release added.
            giggle!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I'm interested to see who will be his choice for treasurer.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                giggle!
                Wah im shudden tank-ful?
                ...particualrly af-tah di bus-arse las time?

Comment

he is a little more cagey does not = humility... that seems to be the lesson that he learned.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    he is a little more cagey does not = humility... that seems to be the lesson that he learned.
                    Hope that humility holds throughout his reign - no more "go jump in the sea"!

Comment

yuh read mi post? which humility yuh talking about?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yuh read mi post? which humility yuh talking about?
                        Missed the NOT...but cagy or humility I'll take the actions. I hope he keeps thinking of who threw him out and who brought him back in and act accordingly.

- no go jump in the sea statement and attitude ever again...
                        ...or else!

Comment

or else what? unnuh send back for boxhill? ~kiss teet'~

Comment

Karl please think before jumping in with your ignorance, at least Lazie check the internet before he speaks, you just jump in a voice your opinion and giving it as fact...TVJ had a story the other night naming candidates.

Oops I guess you would not have seen it
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

or else what? unnuh send back for boxhill? ~kiss teet'~
                              Possibly...but, not necessarily!
                              Sickko claims Prendi may make a bid. Stewart Stephenson may finally get up the courage...and, there is a suggestion I saw in the piece posted from the Western Observer where it is thought Horace Reid is one to consider...

...and, there just may be others thinking on taking that president's post?

Comment

Working...
                              X