What ever happen to Akeem Priestly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happen to Akeem Priestly?

I did not see his name on the Olympic squad; His he still at UConn?
    Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
    Mitty

Check this:

http://uconnhuskies.com/sports/MSocc...Priestley.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

so he's a junior this year....seems like he still would be eligible for u-23 football..no?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes, but dem man yah nah get call so early!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

?????

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He was named to either pre season All American team or All Big East conference team, both him and Obrien White.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Priestly is Ja future in midfield..a sure starter on the 2010 WC TEAM..watch and see
              Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
              Mitty

Comment

Men's Soccer Springs Forward Towards New Season

STORRS, Conn. (March 22, 2007) - With spring officially in the air, the University of Connecticut men's soccer team has its sights set on the upcoming season. The Huskies have been in training for weeks now, eagerly anticipating the 2007 campaign that holds UConn as one of the most highly-touted teams in the nation.
                After a recent Spring Break training trip to the IMG Training Academy in Bradenton, Fla., UConn seems to be on the right track for conquering all of its goals. The Huskies went 3-1 through exhibition play, knocking off 2006 national semifinalist Virginia.
                Here is a recap of the training trip:
                TUESDAY: March 6
                In its first match of the spring season, UConn defeated the University of Virginia by the score of 3-1. From the opening whistle, the Huskies wasted little time creating attacking opportunities on the 2006 College Cup participants. In the eighth minute of action, sophomore midfielder Akeem Priestley (Kingston, Jamaica) nearly scored on a breakaway but was turned away by the Virginia goalkeeper. Minutes later Priestley's shot from 18 yards out was deflected off the crossbar and out for a corner.

After the teams went into halftime with a scoreless tie, UConn again applied the early pressure to start the second half. Sophomore O'Brian White (Scarborough, Ontario) started the scoring when junior midfielder Ryan Cordeiro (Highland Mills, N.Y.) picked the ball from the Virginia defender and crossed it to White who calmly finished it to the far post.

Virginia managed to level the score at 1-1, but it was the Huskies who continued to create opportunities on goal. Freshman goalkeeper Matt Sangeloty (Farmington, Conn.) came out and caught a Virginia corner kick and immediately started the quick counter to Priestley. Priestley played an early ball past the Virginia backline to White who finished his shot for his second goal of the match.

With three minutes to play in the game, Priestley again played a quick ball to White who turned and connected with freshman midfielder Toni Stahl (Tuusula, Finland). Stahl, making a long run out of midfield, beat the Virginia goalkeeper on the breakaway for the Huskies third goal of the game.

THURSDAY: March 8
                In their first match of a doubleheader, the Huskies fell to MLS expansion team Toronto F.C. After falling behind midway through the first half, UConn nearly tied the score when freshman midfielder Michael Pezza’s (Jackson, N.J.) shot nearly found the back of the net. The Toronto goalkeeper was unable to hold onto forward O’Brian White’s (Scarborough, Ontario) initial shot and Pezza’s rebound opportunity missed just wide.

After halftime, UConn continued to apply pressure on Toronto’s goal but it was the MLS side that was able to hold on and pull out the victory.

In their second match of the afternoon, UConn defeated the English team London United by the score of 3-1. Junior forward Caesar Lopez (Orlando, Fla.) began the scoring in the 22nd minute when he finished sophomore midfielder Stephen Cenatiempo’s (Norwalk, Conn.) cross from the right flank. In the 34th minute, freshman defender/midfielder Euan Holden (Sugarland, Texas) beat a United defender on the left flank and played freshman defender Josh Norwood (Federal Way, Wash.) in at the far post. Norwood then played sophomore midfielder Akeem Priestley (Kingston, Jamaica) at the top of the box who turned and beat the keeper from 18 yards out.

London United managed to earn a goal back after halftime but it was again Priestley who would give UConn the two-goal lead. Freshman defender Roberto Sgueglia (Schenectady, N.Y.) started the attack when he dribbled into midfield and connected with Priestley. Priestley deftly beat two defenders on the dribble and bent a well-placed shot past the goalkeeper from 25 yards out for his second goal of the match.

SATURDAY: March 10
                In its final match of the trip, UConn defeated the US Under-18 National Team, 2-0. The scoring began in the fifth minute when midfielder Dori Arad (Hahotrim, Israel) sprang forward O’Brian White (Scarborough, Ontario) alone on a breakaway with an early ball through the US backline. White made no mistake as he slipped his shot past the onrushing goalkeeper for the 1-0 lead.

The Huskies managed to double their lead midway through the first half when junior forward Chukwudi Chijindu (Fontana, Calif.) assisted White for his second goal of the match. Chijindu flicked the ball beyond the last US defender to White who slotted home his shot to the far post. The two goals were all UConn would need as freshman goalkeepers Josh Ford (Liverpool, N.Y.) and Andreas Lipsius (Eddersheim, Germany)combined for the shutout.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

UConn Picked to Top Big East Blue Division
                  Huskies feature three players on preseason team
                  August 6, 2007
                  The University of Connecticut men’s soccer team was chosen to capture the 2007 Big East regular season Blue Division title by the league’s 16 coaches.

Last year’s Big East Champions, St. John’s, was voted to finish atop the Red Division. Coaches were not allowed to select their own teams.

Another New England team, Providence, was picked to finish fourth.

It’s the third straight year UConn was predicted to claim the Blue Division title. Connecticut – 10-7-2 (8-2-1 Big East ) last season – earned 10 first-place votes and 105 points in the 2007 preseason poll. UConn made its 12th consecutive appearance in the conference championship last year and has a league-leading 22 bids overall.

Leading Connecticut will be Preseason Defensive Player of the Year senior Julius James. A two-time Big East Defensive Player of the Year, James was a 2006 M.A.C. Hermann Semifinalist and an NSCAA/adidas All-America First Team selection. Joining James, a unanimous pick, on the All-Big East Preseason Team are a pair of juniors, forward O’Brian White and midfielder Akeem Priestley.

Providence (13-7-0, 7-4-0) placed senior midfielder Ryan Maduro on the All-Big East team.

Comment

Working...
                  X