X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricardo Gardener scores in a friendly

Friendly: Radcliffe Borough 0 - 4 BOLTON WANDERERS

Posted on: Mon 27 Aug 2007
    RICARDO GARDNER was on the scoresheet as Bolton Wanderers beat neighbours Radcliffe Borough 4-0 in a rearranged friendly at Stainton Park.

The Jamaican international, playing his second game in a week following a spell on the sidelines with an injury, netted directly from a corner-kick to break the deadlock.
    Second-half goals from Temitope Odabeyi, Matt Cassidy and Zoltan Harsanyi completed the victory.

Note: Photo is dated

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Ricardo Gardner's body is incredible. I do not think I have ever heard of anyone having so many serious injuries and time after time coming back "as good as new".

He must also be mentally an immensely strong person.
    Awe and Respect, for Bibi!
    FORWARD, sir!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The last I heard he suffered a ham string injury. Since when that is considered a serious injury? Players and athletes suffer that all the time and they only need to give it time to heal. True he has had a couple serious knee injuries from which he has recovered, but. . .
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thought he had another serious injury last season.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Since he was just coming back from the ham string injury, I thought that was what you were talking about, ie the most recent which kept him out of games until now.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

It can't last for ever...I am sure yu did talawa same way when you was a youth.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

re:knee injuries...steadman's clinic seem to make the knee stronger than before...i recallreading somewhere that they tended to use ligamaments from larger muscles to reattach to the knee...shearer, ronaldo etc. never again had knee problems after visiting colorado!

i'm waiting now to hear that players want to do this as an elective surgery. there is also the possibility of it being viewed as an unfair advantge.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Karl makes this point all the time that man will always strive to improve himself,
                i) medically or
                ii) otherwise (just trying to write it the way Karl would )

So yes, some will have it done as elective surgery just as how they electively take drugs to improve their bodies. The question will always be, what's fair, what's unfair?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Trus mi di tink mi a superman...
                  Now I am feeling aches and pains in parts of the body I did not even know I have... grooooooooaaaaan!

Comment

Working...
                  X