RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Fergie always end up fighting his players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    I always think a stern manager get better results and get more short term commitment from players. Fergie take advantage of that. Fergie also know who to frighten, like Wenger he gives his youngsters more attention than the senior players. Stern but fair and discipline and a little comical at times ala, Fergie, Big Sam, Bill Parcells etc.

Maybe because of college I played but in my book coaches can't worship players even if they are professionals.

Assassin, I am not arguing that a stern manager or a manager who is a disciplinarian isn't called for, but a manager that acts like a scorned school girl whenever one of his players crosses him is another thing. The only Liverpool manager that ever fell into that category (Souness) was quickly dismissed.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
      Assassin, I am not arguing that a stern manager or a manager who is a disciplinarian isn't called for, but a manager that acts like a scorned school girl whenever one of his players crosses him is another thing. The only Liverpool manager that ever fell into that category (Souness) was quickly dismissed.
      Maybe unuh should have kept Souness .. maybe unuh would have won the EPL by now. I don't see what this is all about. Any missa man whey tink him bigga than the team and or duh anything that will cause disunity in the team ... CUT HIM OFF!
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

or he was dismissed because of results?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Gamma, to compare Fergies head to head record against Liverpool in the EPL (titleswise) is a bit simplistic. First of all, I don't believe anyone in football truly understands the impact that Heysel and Hillsborough had on the club. To this day, it continues to consume a fair amount of time from the adminstration of the club. You cannot visit a single Liverpool board and them don't talk about it much less 15-20 years ago.

As I have said many times before, you can't argue against facts. Fergie has bested us over the past 15 years full stop. However, this does not justify or condone his attitude towards players. There are way too many of them that have fallen from grace for him to be considered in the right on this one. Sorry. But call a spade a spade.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Kept Souness!? Wow!! You are really mean spirited. Anyway, the argument is not whether ego maniac players should be delt with...every manager has that problem...it is with Fergies method of doing so. If you think that all of them are in the wrong and he is right...then so be it...but I beg to differ. Maybe him should dashwey de whiskey bottle.

Comment

If you read the accounts of the sports writers, Souness was dismissed because of his continued substandard behaviour with his players and the administration...a pattern that has continued to follow him at subsequent clubs I might add.

Comment

and calling a spade a spade is not simplistic? i don' think it gets more simplistic than that. point is if he had that attitude and could not attract players much less win titles, do you think he would still be there? it works for him, the club and the players...titles are won and money is made!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  and calling a spade a spade is not simplistic? i don' think it gets more simplistic than that. point is if he had that attitude and could not attract players much less win titles, do you think he would still be there? it works for him, the club and the players...titles are won and money is made!
                  I can see this is going nowhere. All hail King Fergie... The man can do no wrong.

Comment

look boss i may not think much of his methods but then he is one of the most successful club coaches in England in recent times...one cannot argue with that!

no need to act petulant star...yuh bigga dan that....cho man!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I can see this is going nowhere. All hail King Fergie... The man can do no wrong.
                      good!!
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Agreed. I am not arguing with his success. That is fact. But I am glad that you agree that his methods are suspect.

Comment

Maybe it would be better if I said it this way...

Comment

yes that maybe true to an extent but don't you think it affect the moral of the team and it shows in the lost column.

The problem is not that he is stern, when you stern you have to be fair and treat everybody the same and demand results. Look at the difference between him and Big Sam? Sam stern and sometime a little whack but the players know he has them at heart and he need them to perform.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There you go. Now we will think about opening up a spot for you in the Empire's fan club.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Now that's taking it a bit far...ain't gonna happen

Comment

Working...
                                X