RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Fergie always end up fighting his players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Fergie always end up fighting his players?

Okay, I am not a Manunited fan. But I cannot argue with Sir Alex's results. Only a fool argues with facts. For sure, he has been the best performing manager in England for the past 10-15 years. No argument there. That said, why on earth does he alienate his best players: Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Keane, Heinze, Stam are names that all come to mind. Do his current players not see this as a problem? Don't they think the same fate will befall them? Heres the latest smear against Heinze from the bowels of Old Toilet.

================================================== ====
    Heinze demanded wages be doubled - Fergie

Gabriel Heinze delivered a 'double my money or flog me' ultimatum to Sir Alex Ferguson just 24 hours before suffering his career-threatening knee injury in 2005.

Heinze had only been at Manchester United for just over a year when he made his demands, which have been revealed by Ferguson in the aftermath of the Argentina defender's acrimonious Old Trafford departure.
    The 29-year-old was sold to Real Madrid earlier this week but not before he had faced Ferguson at a Premier League inquiry and pleaded to be cleared to join Liverpool. That appeal was rejected, although the fall-out from the row will continue for some while yet as United investigate whether Liverpool made an illegal approach to the former Paris St Germain player. The controversy surrounding Heinze's exit has saddened fans who loved the full-back's all-action style. But Ferguson has now claimed the player's agent was agitating for a move virtually as soon as he had arrived. 'We signed Gaby in July 2004 and he immediately went off to play for the Argentina Olympic team, and then onto some World Cup qualifiers,' Ferguson told MUTV. 'We didn't get him until September, so in that first year he probably played about five months. 'At the start of the following season, a day before he suffered his cruciate injury against Villarreal, his agent came to see me and said he either wanted a transfer or for me to double his wages. That immediately sent out the wrong signal. 'Throughout his rehabilitation, his agent was asking me to sell him. 'You wonder whether the lad actually wants to play for you and in the end, you just give in.'
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Because the team and Fergie is more important than any player. If Fergie don't act quickly and put these players in their place they will eventually become too big and destroy the team as Shearer did to Newcastle.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ketchup man a my youth but hym fi glad Evra(Lazie's youth) nuh come from Argentina!
      "Fergieism"(Rockman) is why we are only EPL champions and hardly considered a contender for the CL.
      Den like how Man U won(albeit by a goal, considering Fergie had that one goal in the draws....yet still blamed his strikers..)it nuh mean trouble fi your team whey hitch up a 4 regarding qualifying fi CL?

Blessed

Blessed

Comment

Paul,

Unlike Jose that diss his players pulblicly, Fergie keep it behind close doors. His priority is the TEAM and it is clear that for him, the TEAM bigga than any player.

Beckham: He became too much of a star and his performance was dipping. It was clear he needed a new challenge ... Fergie knows its best to quit while you're ahead.

Van Nistelrooy: Another legend. However, his play was keeping back the team, especially with the way Manu played. His attitude at the Carling Cup final along with his bust up with Ronlado meant he had to go.

Keane: The fact that he knocked individual players publicly was a no no for Fergie. Even KEane admitted making a mistake by doing that.

Heinze: This youth have no friggin ambition. Who in dem right mind would want to leave Manu for a 2nd tier clun? He shouldn't have been sold to Real MAdrid, he should have been sold to Locomotive Moscow.

Stam: After what he wrote in his tell all book ... would you keep him?

Am I the only one around here that is objective?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

How come no body nuh even mention Paul Ince who commited the cardinal sin to declare himself the Governor of Manchester..ha ha ha.

Heinze and his handlers simply either did not understand the Man United culture or had no regard for it...or he would not demand a trade to that club in the washed out red shirts...
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Because the team and Fergie is more important than any player. If Fergie don't act quickly and put these players in their place they will eventually become too big and destroy the team as Shearer did to Newcastle.
            That is a bogus argument. That position hold true for every club, but not every club treats their players in a publicly humiliating way like Manure.

Now...for all of you who want to diss LIVERPOOL -- the GREATEST CLUB IN ENGLISH FOOTBALL HISTORY...I challenge you to find one situation where we have had a want-away player who has gone through what Fergie put his players through. And don't start with Gerrard, there was no public lambasting of the player by us and ultimately, he saw the light.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

yeah but can you argue with results? gullit tried to do the same thing at newcastle.....

fergie has results on his side...the best argument is that they win "in spite of fergie" but no one at man u wants to take the chance to prove or disprove that theory.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Maybe that is why pool haven't won the EPL in such a long time.

Look at Arsenal, people in them right mind would think the coach outa his mind to sell Viera, Henry, Campbell and Lumburg etc. but the team is more important than any one player.

Sometimes when players accomplish alot with a team they have no patient and nuh give the youngsters a little chance to develop. Keane and Ruud were the prime example and the coach realise that he had to give Rio, Ronaldo and Rio etc a little time. This was done and you see the results.

Pool only have 1 star player and his ego is not as big as say a Ruud or Keane at least not yet so they can easily ship off their disruptive force like Bellamy to a little team. They had people like Fowler who was willing to sit on the bench and watch younger players go at it.

Again look how Shearer mash up Newcastle, keane could have done the same thing if Fergie never strong.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Agreed. You can't argue with his results. But I am speaking of the method, not the outcome. For some, the ends justifies the means, but I think like a Brazilian...you remember we were vex when we won the World Cup in 1994 because we didn't play beautiful football. Same ting here...I want to win with a team of committed professionals motivated by the joy of winning, not by fear of their manager.

Comment

Asssin...you are making a different argument from me. I am in total agreement that no player is bigger than their club. What I AM saying is that Fergie gets to a point where there is so much acrimony between him and his players that the idea of them ever playing for him again is DEAD!! That is not the case with most other managers, certainly not with Liverpool. Michael Owen, Fowler, McManaman, Cisse...you name the man...all of them have left the club on good terms even when they were dropped from the first team or even when they disagreed with the manager.

Comment

okay..to win is one thing, to win pretty is a bonus. choose between the two.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the big difference I see is the ego of the Manu stars. When Ruud left in my book he had no reason to be vex as Fergie wanted to give the youngsters a run at the end of the season. He took that personally. When Keanne left he was cussing all the young players publicly for Manu lost.
                        Becks was the team and that spelt danger.

What I don't understand with pool is why did they go back for fowler again? Why try to get Owen again? Sometimes you just have to make them gwaan. Now both Keane and Becks say they understand. The problem is once a team win two silverware then some player ego go out of wack and is not willing to rebuilt in any shape or form or try nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          okay..to win is one thing, to win pretty is a bonus. choose between the two.
                          Gamma, you have hit on the essence of the difference between being a Manu Red and a Liverpool Red. At LFC we believe that decent behaviour transcends winning...we don't agree that "the ends justifies the means"...we believe that there is something above winning that is more inspirational...it is WINNING that is the bonus...but everyday decent behaviour is the expectation.

Contemplate that.

Comment

and head to head with fergie you all have how many EPL titles to show for this? btw arsenal has 2...including the "immortal" season...of doing both!

Comment

I always think a stern manager get better results and get more short term commitment from players. Fergie take advantage of that. Fergie also know who to frighten, like Wenger he gives his youngsters more attention than the senior players. Stern but fair and discipline and a little comical at times ala, Fergie, Big Sam, Bill Parcells etc.

Maybe because of college I played but in my book coaches can't worship players even if they are professionals.

Comment

Working...
                              X