Setanta Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setanta Sports

If you want to have a life, don't subscribe to Setanta sports. I mean, I have been having my choice of games to watch from the EPL and the Championship, Champions League, International friendlies that I am seriously thinking that when this trial session of Setanta is over on September 9th, I will not be subscribing. I also enjoy the segments from ChelseaTV, but I need to stop.

I am seriously thinking that after September 19th, I will just resort to whatever I can get on Fox Soccer Channel and ESPN. It is going to be hard, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Is there such a thing as football addiction? I am getting pretty darn close. . .
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Now you know what i have been living with for the past 3 years.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

It rough mi telling you. I would love to have Setanta, but it could cause me problems elsewhere in my life. How yuh dweet Missa Marin?
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla my 'secretary' loves football a lot!!

Before the introduction of Setanta on DISH she thought I spend too much time watching football.

Now with Setanta--I overheard her talking to herself (while doing the dishes) about ' spending quality time...' or something to that effect. I did not really hear what she was saying because I was watching the Chelsea game and the TV was turned up loud!

Seems I am going to have a hard time convincing her that it would be a brilliant idea to get Setanta! To make matters worst--i see a 52" HD plasma at Best Buy that I really LOVE.

What am I suppose to do....???
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          It rough mi telling you. I would love to have Setanta, but it could cause me problems elsewhere in my life. How yuh dweet Missa Marin?
          The difference between you and me Tilla...is that I have my priorities right
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

OK, Ah si yuh. I find it hard to do though.

Comment

Just like Tilla I have decided not to order Setanta. Football is like a alcohol, and one has to limit one's intake. They offer two live prem matches on Saturdays and a Championship game, one prem game on Sunday and a live French league matchup.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Setanta? What dat? lifetime or Oxygen
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was thinkin you would be the fortunate one but ah bwoy quality time is important.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                    Tilla my 'secretary' loves football a lot!!

Before the introduction of Setanta on DISH she thought I spend too much time watching football.

Now with Setanta--I overheard her talking to herself (while doing the dishes) about ' spending quality time...' or something to that effect. I did not really hear what she was saying because I was watching the Chelsea game and the TV was turned up loud!

Seems I am going to have a hard time convincing her that it would be a brilliant idea to get Setanta! To make matters worst--i see a 52" HD plasma at Best Buy that I really LOVE.

What am I suppose to do....???
                    Aaaaah for 'secretary' who loves football and even does the dishes! Say "Hi!" to the 'secretary' for me!
                    Last edited by Karl; August 26, 2007, 09:07 AM.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I guess unnu couldn't live inna Jamaica again.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hortikal - that means no Carling Cup and limited Champions League, although I believe GOL TV has mostof the CL this year. You and Tilla are mad. I have all a dat and still get vex when there is a match that I can't see.

Comment

A nuh dat, Setanta waan charge $12/month fi the service. My cable bill is touching $80/month.
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortikal View Post
                            A nuh dat, Setanta waan charge $12/month fi the service. My cable bill is touching $80/month.
                            I have even surpassed the $80/month as I have cable & dish. I would have to pay an additional $14 on Dishnetwork to get Setanta after September 9th. The problem is, I just feel it is too much football now.

If it is available, I am going to sit and watch and a lot of other things will suffer. The past three weeks, I get up at 6AM (central time) on a Saturday morning (usually unheard of for me) and watch two EPL games and one Championship. I get to watch an EPL game on Sunday morning too. This does not take into account that I have access to Fox Soccer Channel, Gol TV, ESPN Deportes, Fox Espanol, and if Galavision, Telemundo and Telefruta are carrying football, I have them all.

I have to give up something and I think not talking Setanta is going to be it. I am not like Paul Marin who can determine my priorities in those situations as I will find a way to make football my priority. It would then be a battle between which games to watch.

Comment

Working...
                            X