RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wondered why Kings ban had to be 2 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wondered why Kings ban had to be 2 years?

Well let me break it down for you. The current JFF admin took eight months to take any action on the issue. Any good management knows that is order to discipline you must act swiftly and decisively. Well, after they had let 8 months from the time of the incident slip by, the only way they could punish King was to keep him out of the Reggae Boyz for a protracted period of time.

When they had finally decided to act on this matter, so much time had passed and King was injured and expected to be out of the game for a long time. The JFF head honchos then figured that with the time that had passed, the player being out of commission due to injury, in order to make any punishment have any effect they would have to include the time they logged heads over making a decision, the time it would take for the player to get back in the game and the time it would take the Captain after returning to power to get things back on stream and get the Reggae Boyz any games of which King could take part in could be about 6 months after the change of power takes place. The thought is that if they cannot get any teams to play the Boyz in the 4 years they were holding office, certainly the good Captain cannot get anything in the period from November to May. So the decision was to keep King out until May.

I think that punishment should match the crime and at most King should have been given a 6 month ban if any ban at all. The fact of the matter though is that the ineptitude of the Boxhill admin coupled with the egos of the imbecilic disciplinary team who could not allow this transgression to go unpunished in the eyes of the public. They therefore contrived a two year ban to punish the player. I ask the question, which sensible management punishes a player for two years for a verbal outburst and coming in late when there were no set curfew hours?

The bottom line is that players need to be properly managed to get the most out of them. I think the problem was more one of bad management than it was the player being out of order. Good management would have established the correct boundaries from "the git go" and players could then be held accountable. Establishing the boundaries after the fact is a sign of poor management - one that lacks vision.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

not suh sure this explained....it but it did make for good reading.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

But tilla we both know that ban dont woth the paper it on. If burrell or Bora say he plays he plays..

Comment

He was banned for 2 years ... one for each girl. Boxhill was just envious.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I was really taking a satitical look on the whole situation. Take it with a grain of salt. . .
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

no no no it was good reading, TRULY!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Maybe I should try and get two women in my hotel room the next time I am on a trip.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

TRY nuh?

Comment

Wha? Man found in Coma in Presidential suite? No foul play is suspected.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not quite

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    Well let me break it down for you. The current JFF admin took eight months to take any action on the issue. Any good management knows that is order to discipline you must act swiftly and decisively. Well, after they had let 8 months from the time of the incident slip by, the only way they could punish King was to keep him out of the Reggae Boyz for a protracted period of time.

When they had finally decided to act on this matter, so much time had passed and King was injured and expected to be out of the game for a long time. The JFF head honchos then figured that with the time that had passed, the player being out of commission due to injury, in order to make any punishment have any effect they would have to include the time they logged heads over making a decision, the time it would take for the player to get back in the game and the time it would take the Captain after returning to power to get things back on stream and get the Reggae Boyz any games of which King could take part in could be about 6 months after the change of power takes place. The thought is that if they cannot get any teams to play the Boyz in the 4 years they were holding office, certainly the good Captain cannot get anything in the period from November to May. So the decision was to keep King out until May.

I think that punishment should match the crime and at most King should have been given a 6 month ban if any ban at all. The fact of the matter though is that the ineptitude of the Boxhill admin coupled with the egos of the imbecilic disciplinary team who could not allow this transgression to go unpunished in the eyes of the public. They therefore contrived a two year ban to punish the player. I ask the question, which sensible management punishes a player for two years for a verbal outburst and coming in late when there were no set curfew hours?

The bottom line is that players need to be properly managed to get the most out of them. I think the problem was more one of bad management than it was the player being out of order. Good management would have established the correct boundaries from "the git go" and players could then be held accountable. Establishing the boundaries after the fact is a sign of poor management - one that lacks vision.

Boxhill wanted King off the team during his tenure because he did not want a repeat of what King said to him when he was drunk. King won't say certaing things to the press but he will say it in front of his face or in front of the team.
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

"King won't say certaing things to the press but he will say it in front of his face or in front of the team."

Does that make it alright?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have no problems with him having two women in the room at all...or even three...at least that is behind closed doors and no one sees it...my concern is what he did in public
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Nuh tell me that you come home with one thing on yuh mind and two women in tow, only to find the JFF admin ordered you to be locked from your room? I think the man's behavior was provoked by the very unprofessional behavior of management. I know you would have raced up the fools Sickko.

Comment

Working...
                          X