• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA U17 Update 8/23/07

Tunisia 3 - USA 1
    TJK 0 - Belgium 0
    Germany 3 - Ghana 2
    Colombia 5 - T&T 0
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Tunisia 3 - USA 1
    TJK 0 - Belgium 0
    Germany 3 - Ghana 2
    Colombia 5 - T&T 0
    Good lord! Zeppo, what has become of the USA's program? First you were beaten by Borat, then by boys wearing turbans!

And as for T&T...

Seriously though, what does that say about CONCACAF? Yes, we could have been there instead of T&T and we beat the USA, but these teams are being creamed by the rest of the world, and not even the good rest of the world! We would not have fared much better.

Time to get moving!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Isn't Borat from Kazakhstan?

Anyway, It's not all doom and gloom for our program, as you seem to have conveniently forgotten the successful U-20 WC that we are coming off of. But this is definitely a disappointment.

The good news is that we are consistently qualifying for these tournaments. The problem is the lack of consistency once we get there. Sometimes they go quite well. Other times the go like this one for us.

I'm looking forward to the day when MLS teams handle youth development with academies (the way things are done in Europe and S. America) and we can phase out Bradenton for good.

p.s. - and you forgot to mention that Jamaica's U-17s beat ours after the U.S. had already qualified for the tournament. Makes a difference...
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

p.s. - and you forgot to mention that Jamaica's U-17s beat ours after the U.S. had already qualified for the tournament. Makes a difference...
        Sour grapes. You played to win. You tried your ever best to maintain the "not beaten the USA at any level" record.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The USA had not yet qualified when we beat them, so Zeppo can keep talking his tripe!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nonsense.

The T&T game -- the result that allowed the USA to qualify early -- had already ended before the US vs. JA game even kicked off.

In fact I already pointed that out to you several months ago when the qualifiers were still going on. Somehow you managed to conveniently 'forget' those facts.
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

I "conveniently forgot" because I denied it then, several months ago. I was there, Zeppo, at all the news conferences. There was no celebration after the game until it was announced that they had qualified. Or are the US youngsters so short on emotion, or trained only to show jubilation when instructed over a loudspeaker?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And earlier in this thread you stated that the USA had not yet qualified when they played Jamaica, which I then pointed out was false. So you're obviously having problems getting your story straight.

Go ahead and keep believing whatever you may have convinced yourself of.

I know it might be hard for you to swallow since it's your only win against a U.S. team at any level ever. But when a team has already qualified for the next phase of a tournament they sometimes take their foot off the pedal and end up losing a game that no longer matters to them.

Happens quite frequently.
                - Xavi

Comment

Yeah ok. I admire your defence.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

U.S. beats Belgium 2-0 to advance to second round
                    - Xavi

Comment

Darn!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Darn!

- Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Good lord! Zeppo, what has become of the USA's program? First you were beaten by Borat, then by boys wearing turbans!

And as for T&T...

Seriously though, what does that say about CONCACAF? Yes, we could have been there instead of T&T and we beat the USA, but these teams are being creamed by the rest of the world, and not even the good rest of the world! We would not have fared much better.

Time to get moving!
                          zeppo! non of that.The USA youth program contains mix result,but they're still concacaf #1 team.They will be our opponents in the next qualifier,and hey thats going to be hard.

Comment

Mosiah has runny eggs with ketchup on his face AGAIN Zeppo!!

I am longing for him to make a correct call for a change.

Example: He is a staunch Boxhill supporter...and look.
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

What call did I make with the US team? I don't remember any.

But yes, I always want the USA to lose. Memba!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X