Marlon King is a true Jamaican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon King is a true Jamaican

Boxhill should cut the ban and restored the King to his throne.

King eagerly awaits end of JFF ban - Player says he just can't wait to come back to the 'Office'
    published: Thursday | August 23, 2007

Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

Marlon King celebrates scoring a goal at the 'Office' while teammate Andy Williams runs to congratulate him. - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer

Now on the back end of a controversial two-year ban from the outgoing
    Football Football Federation (JFF) administration, Reggae Boy Marlon King is lacing up his boots at the prospect of an impending return to the national set-up.

"I just can't wait to come back to the 'Office'," King, the top marksman for Championship division club Watford, told The Gleaner in an interview while making obvious reference to the National Stadium in Kingston, where Jamaicaplay its home matches.

"The fact is that I really love playing for my country and I can't let anyone spoil that for me or my family they always look forward to seeing me play," King said.

Two-year ban
    In February of this year, the JFF announced that the 27-year-old forward would be banned for two years, dating back to the Reggae Boyz' disastrous tour of England in May 2006, which saw the team thrashed 4-1 by Ghana and then battered 6-0 by England.

The striker was sent home prior to the second game after an early morning row with the touring delegation, after allegedly breaking the team curfew.

"It wasn't a fair decision. In my opinion I was banned for speaking out against what I saw was going on in the camp," remarked King.
    "I thought that we had a much better team than we were showing and with better organisation we could have been getting better results," he said.

Should the player serve the full duration of the suspension, he will not be eligible to play for Jamaica until May next year. But with the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers not set to begin until October, King is happy to just put the whole incident behind him.

"I was a bit bitter about the whole situation initially, I just wasn't treated fairly. Right now though I just want to put the whole thing behind me and get back to representing Jamaica," he said.
    King was unaware of the probable change in administration, but as would be expected, shed no tears for the expected departure of the Boxhill-led group.

"I had no idea that there was going to be a change in the JFF, but I hope whoever takes over uses more common sense," he said.
    "The team can achieve a lot more but we need better organisation," he added plainly.

The bustling front-man missed a golden opportunity to make an impression on topflight football with Watford, as his season came to an early end after sustaining a knee injury against Arsenal.

Without King, who scored 22 goals in their bid for promotion, the team was subsequently relegated. According to the striker, things have been going well so far this season and he looks forward to an opportunity to return to the top flight.

"Things have been going well so far and I am working hard to hit top form. I think with some effort we will make it back to the Premiership," he said.
    King, who made his international debut with a goal against Venezuela in April 2004, has already scored six goals in 12 appearances for Jamaica.

King
    Last edited by Karl; August 23, 2007, 10:30 AM.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Good News. A future Reggae Boyz Captian I believe. He believes in Jamaica's football.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Water come ah mi eyi.
      Touchin fi ture!
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Lazie, can we reassign the emotional tag?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

all me know is dat mi would NOT want to be anywhere NEAR lazie when him watch "the champ" or "the notebook"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Pity i cannot diggg-up summa Mosiah's post in full support of Boxhill's move in getting rid of King.

Anyone out there recall the clinging support Mosiah showed for Boxhill idiotic decision!!??
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL: Posts do not get dropped from this forum yuh know. Just use search and find them. Here a few of those discussions:

Marlon King again, and his two-year ban.

Totally stumped by ruling on King

Marlon King denies agreement not to challenge JFF suspension

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla "T" you is the bessss...by any tessss!!

Chussss mi!
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  all me know is dat mi would NOT want to be anywhere NEAR lazie when him watch "the champ" or "the notebook"

The Champ!

I almost shed a tear after watching that movie.

Titanic was no biggy either.

The Notebook? Never heard of that, but I should pick that up right after I stop at the pharmacy for some Kleenex.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh want me to remind you? I stand by it 100%.

You don't need a curfew to guide your behaviour.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

pick up the kleenex BEFORE!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh mean the jacket might...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Where are you now? Time to lift it?
                          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

The two years was harsh, if not ridiculous. Lift it for what? We don't gots no matches!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I watched the movie just after high school, good thing I was not there with a girl, my chances would have gone through the floor...but then some girls like the man who is in touch with his inner feelings, no?
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X