No announcement yet.

Stonigut knew what he was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so let me ask you a simple question with a simple answer.

Rank the players by impact on their club before they left yard. I wont even ask you to give them a rating score, just tell me the rank by player of their impact on club success pre exposure to snow!

1,2,3 is what I am looking for. Thus should answer your question without me saying a word.

McGee, Fuller, Gardiner.
    We must be careful to not create false equivalencies!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      Ok so let me ask you a simple question with a simple answer.

Rank the players by impact on their club before they left yard. I wont even ask you to give them a rating score, just tell me the rank by player of their impact on club success pre exposure to snow!

1,2,3 is what I am looking for. Thus should answer your question without me saying a word.

McGee, Fuller, Gardiner.
      We must be careful to not create false equivalencies!
      They all played briefly for clubs before being expedited out of JA. That said 2 had the opportunity to be nurtured by Simoes.

What's the point ?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

X yuh afraid fi answer the question?

Alright we will leave it here, you cant compare Both Bibi and Fuller with McGee both had significant contributions to their clubs prior to leaving Ja, so picking them and playing them made sense at time. Bibi was playing at Hview for3--4 years prior to wcup year. Proven defender at a young age.

I still cant figure why everyone going crazy over McGee as him dont do nothing yet at a club level or higher. I will be singing his praises if him show me something but I dont see nothing yet. Most I can say is look like a decent dribbler but I can find 1000 of that across Jamaica.

Comment

Man has ben around for over ten tears and have nothing to show for it. Has been at 12 clubs in ten years and was at first two clubs for five so really he has been at ten clubs in five years.

Why does anyone think somehow that is going to change, because he is playing for Jamaica? Leopard cant change them spots!

Comment

X yuh afraid fi answer the question?

Alright we will leave it here, you cant compare Both Bibi and Fuller with McGee both had significant contributions to their clubs prior to leaving Ja, so picking them and playing them made sense at time. Bibi was playing at Hview for3--4 years prior to wcup year. Proven defender at a young age.

I still cant figure why everyone going crazy over McGee as him dont do nothing yet at a club level or higher. I will be singing his praises if him show me something but I dont see nothing yet. Most I can say is look like a decent dribbler but I can find 1000 of that across Jamaica.
            Seems like you made my point, all came out of a sub par league ( RSPL - called NPL back then) because none of them meets the reputable club requirement of you or Tappa. They aren't " snow " balla's or in any overseas club ,playing regular football.2nd school boy playing both RSPL or corna league is nothing new. So to use that as any bar is pure hypocrisy.3rd how many years Bibi played for HV , definitely wasn't 3 years and Fuller and McGee probably did a year at their respective clubs.

Again the hypocrisy of so called standards is glaring.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Round and round de Mulberry Bush
              Ok your question was, why not McGee.

Just not good enough, had not shown anything as yet in terms of results ANYWHERE.

You brought up two prominent youngest players from Ja pre snow.

Problem is those two players had significant impact on their local club before they left, so cant compare McGee, so irrelevant point.

Bottom line is many of us prefer style over substance, looks over results, accept it, two joukes and Xverybody thinks they have seen the greatest baller ever.

If you cant show production then no selection, results as proved by stats is the true manifestation of real talent.

Comment

Round and round de Mulberry Bush
                Ok your question was, why not McGee.

Just not good enough, had not shown anything as yet in terms of results ANYWHERE.

You brought up two prominent youngest players from Ja pre snow.

Problem is those two players had significant impact on their local club before they left, so cant compare McGee, so irrelevant point.

Bottom line is many of us prefer style over substance, looks over results, accept it, two joukes and Xverybody thinks they have seen the greatest baller ever.

If you cant show production then no selection, results as proved by stats is the true manifestation of real talent.
                You miss my central point development of the local youth. By the way many a local player had significant impact who played in WC 98. I chose McGee ,Fuller and Bibi to highlight the eye Simoes had for youth development of the latter two and the hypocrisy in the selection process. That development gave them the chance to " show" what they had.

2nd the locals don't have the luxury like these snowas to jump from club to club and progress and maintain a higher standard of playing football for development and selection.

As you say it's a merry go round,by your standards the local youths wouldn't stand a chance of being selected.

Comment

Man has ben around for over ten tears and have nothing to show for it. Has been at 12 clubs in ten years and was at first two clubs for five so really he has been at ten clubs in five years.

Why does anyone think somehow that is going to change, because he is playing for Jamaica? Leopard cant change them spots!
                  I can’t reasonably argue that point. What I am responding to is the perceived notion of his commitment to the current project.

Comment

Mgee is in the squad and was said to be doing well in training and would start over Reid but it would not be the case.

Comment

Local development of players is critical, love the emergence of Local academy's like the one in st ann and Phoenix and if course all the clubs youth programmes but this is Jff's most significant challenge.

All I am advocating is standards for choice, when I see the number of local players over the years with amazing number of goals and assists(much as we dont track that)
                      And see who gets the hype and who gets left on the sidelines it grieves me. McGee productivity us just not there in terms of goals and assists and certainly not there in terms of making starting 11's and getting playing time since he left Ja. Remember how quickly Fuller and Bibi adapted and produced.

Comment

How do we give first 11 time in national team to a person that can't get starting 11 time or consistent sub time at a weaker club in a weaker league over players like say Speedy Willians who consistently produces and us an integral part of every team brain trust wherever he goes

Must give massive preference to starting 11, playing history and straight productivity in selection process. Justify your selection pre national team.

Comment

Working...
                        X