Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 comments...

TT U17 defeated by Ghana 4-1.

Jack Warner promises severe sanctions against the JFF by the CFU because of the non-showing of U15s.

And last Mourinho lacks class. if the ref mek a mistake why does he have to gwaan like seh it was a genuine foul? All him have to say is, "i have no control over what decisions the ref makes... (adding sotto voce) (tho' my boss might"

pr
    Peter R

why would Jack want to sanction us when Boxhill never want to send the team as there was a pending huricane?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Is that his new career? Weatherman?

pr
      Peter R

Comment

And last Mourinho lacks class. if the ref mek a mistake why does he have to gwaan like seh it was a genuine foul? All him have to say is, "i have no control over what decisions the ref makes... (adding sotto voce) (tho' my boss might"
        I thought it was a genuine foul too PR. But then, the side you support can cloud your judgment.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

In response to your last comment PR:

Quite often the difference between winning and losing is a microscopic line. It might come down to goal difference.

Good coaches like Mourinho ensure that they set their standard of expectation very early. It's a message to all future refs that they should not frigg with Liverpool.

Ever wonder why it appears that the better teams tend to get the benefit of 'iffy' calls?
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

To be honest I have not seen the play myself but I'm going on the say so of my son who saw the replay(and is an Arsenal supporter), the match review I read that X posted, and yes, my own bias.

I'll try and get a look for myself in the review show.

pr
            Peter R

Comment

So then Gerrard is correct if he claims the ref "cracked" under Chelsea pressure?

In which case should he be reffing at that level?

pr
              Peter R

Comment

Remember that in TT any Jamaican side will draw a bigger crowd than most other teams, especially when they have to play TT... must be disappointed that our non-appearance will diminish the attendance etc.

pr
                Peter R

Comment

The ref did a very poor job.
                  Did you see the yellow card mixup between Terry and (what's his name from Nigeria).

The ref was crap!
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL do better than that a Essien of Ghana
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Was there a mix up withTerry and Essien? It seems to me that it was the commentators who were mixed up.

So HL, you obviously saw the game. What was your thought on the call which resulted in the penalty? Did you think the Liverpooll player Steve Finnan brought down Chelsea's Florent Malouda in the box?

Some folks say there was no contact, but I saw contact, although I think the referee could have overlooked that. The fact that he did decide to make the call therefore meant he could only decide on one thing. . .
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla - how ironic that you level this accusation. Do you think maybe perhaps you saw it as a "genuine foul" because "the side you support" happened to "cloud your judgement"?
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                          Was there a mix up withTerry and Essien? It seems to me that it was the commentators who were mixed up.

So HL, you obviously saw the game. What was your thought on the call which resulted in the penalty? Did you think the Liverpooll player Steve Finnan brought down Chelsea's Florent Malouda in the box?

Some folks say there was no contact, but I saw contact, although I think the referee could have overlooked that. The fact that he did decide to make the call therefore meant he could only decide on one thing. . .
                          Actually the players around the ref were all on a (first) yellow.
                          The truth is the ref had a poor game...
                          He started poorly...but, he is an experienced ref and even if he made that awful call on the penalty...he should have been able to drag himself together afterwards.

In fact, most experienced refs after a big boo-boo...as a direct result become extremely focused and although is usually killed after (after the incident) for that one decision...generally perform well after the massive error.

This guy just could not pull himself together. It's tough out there in the crosshairs of the thousands at games and the sure knowledge of the tens of thousands either watching and or will see your boo-boo over and over again. Some can put it behind them instantly...for the duration of the match and some too often can't.

Remember in *every match...yes, every match, the key is to minimise mistakes and pray God you do not make a major one that can turn a game.

*In every match the ref usually makes 10 -20 calls that are in the 'he could' or 'he could' - i.e. there could be a debate on the call where reasonable persons could have differing views. These calls for the good ref usually fall in the "made no difference" or "cho dat yuh a talk bout? man let dat guh...a nuh nutten" or just brings no comment/forgotten in an instant.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I thought it was a genuine foul too PR. But then, the side you support can cloud your judgment.
                            Read me deh again Missa Marin. As I said, I THOUGHT, implying that I might not be right. Then the part the side you support can cloud your judgment was is reference to yours truly.

The same thing you are saying is what I was saying. Yuh haffi gimmie a likkle break sometime sah. Mi nuh have down the english language like some folks. Saka soh mi get miself inna hot water all the time. Is STETHS mi goh.

Anyway, you seem a bit trigger happy tinite. Hush, mi know it hurt that you did not get full points for that game.
                            Last edited by Tilla; August 21, 2007, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I thought you were going to address my question as to whether Finnan made contact with Malouda, thus causing him to go down in the box. Oh well, I will take it you did not see the game or the incident.

Comment

Working...
                              X