X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin, I was telling you that Derby needed more strikers

Vassell: City striker

Vassell appears on Rams radar

Manchester City's former England striker Darius Vassell is reportedly a transfer target for Premier League new-boys Derby County.

Rams boss Billy Davies is actively scouring the transfer market for reinforcements and he has made a new striker one of his top priorities.
    Davies is now believed to be considering a move for former Aston Villa ace Vassell.

Vassell's future at City has been the subject of speculation all summer with the club having rejected a bid for the 27-year-old from Besiktas last month.

City chief Sven-Goran Eriksson is believed to be willing to listen to offers, having brought in the likes of Rolando Bianchi and Valeri Bojinov this summer.

Davies is keen to bolster his forward line as he looks to find an experienced Premier League performer to add to his attacking options and he could offer Vassell the chance to make the move to Pride Park.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Darius Vassell is a colosal waste of money. The only thing he can offer is speed up front.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

look like them need a new team based on them play this weekend.

I doubt they will be looking Shelton's way, he is too deep on the bench, that is why mi want him fi go somewhere else that he gets the chance fi audition fi the big boyz.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Actually, I do not think Derby is all that good. From what I have seen so far, Daren Moore could not make my Reggae Boyz side if I had the say if he should be picked or not. Apart from the fact that he is over the hill, I see where he tends to give attacking two things which will kill your team, and those two things are time and space. I watched Derby their past three games and I think it would be a mistake to call him.

Moore seem to have a certain amount of respect for players like Jermaine Jenas, Darren Bent, Jermaine Defoe and Robbie Fowler. If those guys have the ball, Moore is content with watching them do their thing from a distance instead of trying to close them down.

Big Claude is my Bwoy, but he has some footwork issues in his defensive armour. I see where man is running at him and he does not know how to "back pedal" while using his body to marshall the attacker where he wants him. I see him opening is feet wide like the Kingston Harbour and is flat footed while facing oncoming attackers. If he should face skillful attackers like Fowler, Defoe and Jenas or even our own Fuller, "dawg nyam 'im suppa". Maybe that is why he was not played this weekend as Davies realized his deficiencies although he has a strong presence in defense.

Of the three defenders so far i have seen in the EPL who can play for the reggae Boyz, I must say Nyron Nosworthy of Sunderland impresses me the most.

I am still to see Michael Johnson (Derby) as he has not featured in any of their three games so far, not even on their bench. I am thinking that he must be injured as he is their team captain. It would be difficult to think the captain cannot make their team.

Looking forward to the return of Bibi Gardner. He might be the savior for Bolton as they are currently at the bottom of the barrel.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tigers Chase Stead
          Story by Jimmy Muir
          20 August 2007
          Hull City have joined the race along with Derby County to the signature of Sheffield United striker Jonathan Stead.
          Radio Humberside have reported that Hull City boss Phil Brown is interested in signing striker Jonathan Stead; two weeks after rumours that Derby County were interested in the former Blackburn forward.
          The Tigers have already had dealings with United this season having seen failed bids for Chris Lucketti and Christian Nade.

Comment

I also told you that teams in the same division looking for strikers.
            If they take Stead and Brian Robson don't buy anybody else then Shelton chances will improve. As I said I don't see why Robson stocking up on so many players with worthwile experience.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

As I said I don't see why Robson stocking up on so many players with worthwile experience.
              He is banking on that experience taking him back to the Premiership.

Comment

Sometimes you have to choose and run wid it

Comment

there is that phrase again......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

what "run wid it"?

Comment

yeah.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

eeehhhhhh eeeehhhh

A election time now what you expect?

Comment

Working...
                        X