Reggae Boyz Player Update 8/20/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz Player Update 8/20/07

Ricardo fuller scored the first goal for Stoke City in a 2-1 victory over Charlton Athletic.

Donovan Ricketts came back from injury in a 1-0 loss to Shrewsbury.

Deon Burton had an assist in a 3-1 loss to Wolves.

Shavar Thomas anchored the Chivas USA backline in a shut out. Chivas USA beat Toronto FC 2-0.

Jeff Cunningham saw his first action since injury in the last 20 minutes for toronto FC. The story is that Cunningham said that he should not have played in the game due to the fact that he was still injured but Mo Johnston put him in anyway. Cunningham is not the only player on TFC grumbling about Johnston. Locker room unrest in TFC. Cunningham is contemplating ending the season early and getting surgery.

Jeff Cunningham, Tyrone Marshall and the rest of Toronto FC will have to try their darndest to avoid a dubious record this saturday. If Toronto fails to score in the first 6 minutes of their match with DC United they will set the MLS record for the longest scoring drought in league history. The current record is held by Mosiah's favorite team Real Salt Lake, which ironically, Jeff Cunningham was a member of when the record was set along with Andy Williams. 557 minutes without a goal is the record. The good news is that TFC is playing DC United who can't defend crap.

The Colorado Rapids website had this little line to descirbe Omar Cummings goal against the Revolution : "The Jamaican, widely considered the fastest player in MLS, one-timed a (pass) out of the air in world-class fashion, after burning the Revolution defense with his speed," ColoradoRapids .com reported. Pretty impressive to be considered the fastest player in MLS when you take into account players like Dane Richards, Eddie Johnson, Jeff Cunningham, Robbie Findley, Marvell Wynne, and Mykal(sp?) Galindo.

Dane Richards assisted Clint Mathis goal in a 5-4 victory for the Metro Girls over the Beckham led Galaxy. Certainly the game of the year in MLS. To add insult to injury before Dane Richards served the ball to Mathis he crashed his first cross attempt off Beckham's face before piling the 2nd defender and serving the final ball. (or did he shoot the final ball? hmmm)
    Last edited by T.K.; August 20, 2007, 05:58 AM.
    No need to thank me forumites.

T.K.: Could you please remove Jeff Cunningham from under the Reggae Boyz player banner? Cunningham may be Jamaican, but he is not a Reggae Boy. Reggae Boy is a title reserved to those players who have committed their international future to Jamaica.

Thank you.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      T.K.: Could you please remove Jeff Cunningham from under the Reggae Boyz player banner? Cunningham may be Jamaican, but he is not a Reggae Boy. Reggae Boy is a title reserved to those players who have committed their international future to Jamaica.

Thank you.
      Yu wicked eh! I put Cunningham up there because he is Jamaican so I just wanted to give him his props. We haffi big up all our brothers yaw. I almost added Edson Buddle as the son of Jamaican but I drew the line there. - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

You need to be more careful with the title Reggae Boyz. Not every Jamaican is a Reggae Boy.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
        X