No announcement yet.

Football must be able to do better than Boxhill and Burrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found that interesting too! I seem to remember that the other team had a manifesto and Burrrell could not be bothered to have one as he thought his record and charisma would do the trick. How wrong he was!

Maybe those on Burrell's payroll received manifestos.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      Karl your facts are wrong, you are obviously lying your a$$ off to try and prove a point or you got it very wrong...THERE WAS NO BURRELL MANIFESTO

Pre-Election 2003 document submitted by Captain Horace Burrell

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/docs/BurrellDocs.htm

A not changing course document?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, that was a list of their accomplishments or solid achievements, if you wish. I note your use of the words "pre-election 2003 document". Smart! Let's keep away from "manifesto".

If we want to talk facts, then let's do so. Check this link:

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/JFF2003elections_debate.htm

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl you are worst than I thought....you are a stark raving mad man....Do you even understand what a manifesto is????
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Karl, that was a list of their accomplishments or solid achievements, if you wish. I note your use of the words "pre-election 2003 document". Smart! Let's keep away from "manifesto".

If we want to talk facts, then let's do so. Check this link:

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/JFF2003elections_debate.htm
            Jesus H Christ? - You said it was not a manifesto and I conceded -
            the heading said - Captain Burrell's Document On JFF's Record Under His Leadership

...so now I cannot use the wording of Burrell's actual statement on his record?

You and Sickko can twist and turn as much as you want! That document was direct response to the same question I asked Burrell and Boxhill!

Clearly Burrell was putting out his record of achievements as guide to what his stewardship would bring.

Boxhill's document - a manifesto - aimed at doing the same thing Burrell hoped his would guide to what his stewardship would bring.

...and, the facts are Burrell never ran from his post 1998 record as claimed by Sickko and defended by you with attacks on my post. Burrell embraced his post-1998 record.

Who mis-spoke; lied or whatever other words you and Sickko would like to use?
            Last edited by Karl; August 16, 2007, 04:04 PM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

And what is wrong with having the monied from Mandeville invest in a campaign? What's so immoral or wrong about that?

Or did he stuff ballot boxes too?
              Were we talking about a level playing field?

Comment

A manifesto and a record of achievements are two different things, Karl!

I am yet to hear you apologize for quoting Burrell's non-existent manifesto!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes. Why is the Don of Mandeville said to have created an uneven playing field?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well he only need two.. he got kasafa...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                      well he only need two.. he got kasafa...
                      ...well, according to media reports Horace Reid claims 13 nominated Captain Burrell....KSAFA actually has the voting power of two parishes - Kgn & St. Andrew. ...not sure if with Portland (Gibson's parish) that would meet the constitutional requirement...but, what would be the point if all the others are with the Captain?

Comment

Well the last voting Congress showed that there were delegates that did not vote with their FAs..based on the canvassing (ie those who took money from whom), the vote count should have been different.

I spoke to some campaign directors, Happy for Burrell and Gibson for Boxhill before the elections and the results expected never materialised.

Boxhill for example was expecting to win by a wider margin..believe it or not...while of course the Captain never expected to lose.
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Well I am torn... I feel Horace and Burrell has the football expertise but not the transparency and are not as inclusive.

Comment

A manifesto and a record of achievements are two different things, Karl!

I am yet to hear you apologize for quoting Burrell's non-existent manifesto!
                            I am sorry, I made a mistake. I answered Sickko's post without checking the site. The facts, however, are as I remembered - Burrell embraced his post-1998 record.

btw - noticed you did not apologize for calling me out on saying "document". You must have noticed the preface to both documents and Burrell's header referred to his contribution as "document". I most certainly was then correct in using the term "document".

Comment

I apologise!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As far as I see it, Jamaica is struggling with a leadership crisis.
                                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                                X