X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Boyz still uncertain of CFU U-15 tourney

Young Boyz still uncertain of CFU U-15 tourney

Thursday, August 16, 2007

With just two days to the start of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Under-15 Youth Cup in Trinidad & Tobago, there is still uncertainty surrounding Jamaica's participation in the regional tournament.

Up to press time yesterday, there was no official statement from the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), except that they had made contact with the Consular section of the US Embassy, and were awaiting a response, regarding their request to have players processed expeditiously.
    It was not sure the level of contact made with the US Embassy, and at what stage the negotiations had reached. Nonetheless, the Federation is still hoping to have the team depart the island by Saturday, ahead of their opening Group E game against Guyana on Sunday.

The delegation was booked to travel today, via Miami, USA.

The JFF got caught in this chain reaction of events after they were forced to give up seats originally booked for a direct flight on British West Indies Airways (BWIA) to Trinidad, because they could not finalise the squad on time, and the airline needed to confirm bookings going into the present peak period.

The Observer understands that a coaching team was selected late, which delayed the selection of the training squad, and ultimately the final 18-man squad, which was chosen late last week. At that point it was realised that majority of the players didn't have passports.

Emergency appointments were made to the Ministry of National Security and the passports were received earlier this week. However, as soon as the JFF got out of that trouble, another one stared them in the face, as inquiries revealed that there were no available seats on Caribbean flights to Trinidad.

With the CFU Youth Cup kick-off drawing near, that situation forced the local governing body to explore travelling through Miami, but yet another problem arose as the earliest US visa appointment date for interviews is early November.

Jamaica won the Caribbean segment of the inaugural Under-15 tournament in 2005, but finished third overall behind champions, Canada, along with Guatemala, who were invited as guest teams.

The CFU Youth Cup alternates between Under-15 and Under-16 in preparation for the FIFA Under-17 World
    Cup Finals.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    The Observer understands that a coaching team was selected late, which delayed the selection of the training squad, and ultimately the final 18-man squad, which was chosen late last week. At that point it was realised that majority of the players didn't have passports.

INADEQUATE PREPARATIONS...again!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I also heard that they left camp early because they could not be fed.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know there is a lot more to this Boxhill resignation.

How we a run an academy again?

Them right fi build it beside Monro as maybe them will be kind enough to let off some food when the food run out, what you think?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Munro have extra food?

The fact that it is in the parish of St. Elizabeth will probably serve them well. Food grow on limestone rock down dere!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I ginda get the feelin' that the GOOD Cap'n may come to the recscue of the Youngest BoyZ.

Mosiah, i was expecting you to take the lead in kussing-out Boxhill like so!!
            Last edited by HL; August 16, 2007, 02:53 PM.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
            X