Bradford City's not-so-secret weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford City's not-so-secret weapon

Bradford City's not-so-secret weapon One of the outstanding players of pre-season has been Omar Daley and our hopes are matched by the new Bradford City manager.

It's fair to say that after Jermaine Johnson left for Sheffield Wednesday his compatriot failed to live up the big things expected of him. In his 14 appearances last season he managed two goals but left a question mark over his future.

However, in the pre-season fixtures Daley has suggested that he is finally finding his feet on English soil. Although most comfortable as a right winger there have been signs that he can pose a real threat to League Two defences playing on the left wing and up front and that versatility is going to be a real asset to Bradford City in the forthcoming season.

Stuart McCall told the Telegraph & Argus that he sat down with the Jamaican international to ask where he preferred playing and Omar Daley's response will warm the heart of every Bantam, 'he just loves football and has the attitude that he will play anywhere in the top area of the pitch.'

Thus far this season he has demonstrated great aptitude on either the left or the right and it's fair to say that he has been the Bantam's major attacking threat in every game so far. This consistency is something his game lacked last year and hopefully with two tall strikers in the box we will benefit from widemen bursting with confidence and looking to deliver the ball onto the penalty spot.

However, the blistering pace of the Jamaican could make him a target for our opposition over the coming season. I don't think this is going to be a problem on Saturday if old-boy Richard Edghill is the man tasked with keeping tabs on the Reggae Boy. Stuart McCall right pointed out that 'you've got to be quick enough to catch Omar first'. Richard Edghill is not.

I'm looking forward to seeing Daley, Rhodes and 'Dave' rip into the Macclesfield Town defence tomorrow afternoon.

The season is here
    No need to thank me forumites.

BTW I should note that Damion Stewart scored the equalizer in a 2-2 draw for Queens Park Rangers. Not too shabby. Btw did anyone notice the good game Claude Davis had against Portsmouth? He had a solid match. - T.K.

Comment

think he did a decent job...I think he had a tough time keeping up with his man and was left for deadby some good off the ball running at times

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
        think he did a decent job...I think he had a tough time keeping up with his man and was left for deadby some good off the ball running at times
        Actually I like your description better than mine. Decent is the perfect term to describe his outing. Out of all the players that were starting up last weekend he was the one I most interested in as I would love to see another Jamaican born player succede in the EPL. I think if he can stay healthy he'll be a real asset to that team over the course of the season. - T.K.

Comment

Is that fowl TK? Why yuh change yuh avatar?
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X