RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sickko: Football festival At Mannings HS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sickko: Football festival At Mannings HS...

On August 18th. there will be a football festival at Mannings HS. It will feature some D-Cup teams from all over the Island as well as a couple corner league teams.

As a roving journalist, could you cover this event and report it on this site. Or, if it is already covered by any Western tabloid, kindly post the article.

Thanks in advance (Jawge 3: 16-18)
    Last edited by HL; August 14, 2007, 05:38 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Are you pumping money into this event, HL?

I knew you would!

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No comment!
      Last edited by HL; August 14, 2007, 05:48 PM.

HL

Comment

I cant believe these people. This is the third year they are having this and Kenneth normally calls me and tells me but I dont know why he has not done so this year.

I need to give him a call and hopefully the rains will stay away this year.

This will be a packed weekend but I guess I can go down for the early part of the day..thanks for the heads up boss...
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Kenneth Dodd of Nestle Jamaica is the man behind the festival which was supposed to help raise funds for the DCup team...from all indications it has been a run away success on several levels and helped propel them to the semis-finals two seasons ago.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

When you are there ask around for Victor Lowe. Introduce yourself to him.

HL

Comment

When last yuh send him a remittance money?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I suggest that you too should introduce yourself!

Maybe you could give him a 'smalls' fi mi.

HL

Comment

Just spoke to Dodd and he is not involved anymore, says he could not work in that environment...would you by any chance have a phone contact for this person who you spoke about?
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko, I have a contact number but I don't wan't to give it out without permission. I know you understand.

HL

Comment

Him live a ghetto too!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

???!

HL

Comment

get the permission and then send me a private message
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Manning’s Breathes New Life Into Sports Program

Manning’s Breathes New Life Into Sports Program

Saturday, August 18, will mark the official launch of the Manning’s Sport Development fund raising drive with the first annual football classic at the school. In addition to the round-robin competition, there will be a domino tournament and a car clash (sound system play-off). To date, there are 10 teams registered for the football tournament, including Glenmuir, Clarendon College, Godfrey Stewart, Frome, Grange Hill and of course Manning’s. Also participating are the two top corner league teams from Westmoreland. Cover charge is J$200 per person and refreshments will be sold. Winners will be awarded cash prizes, totaling $50,000.00 in cash and Trophies in the respective category.

Past students Mr. Victor Lowe and Dr. Paul Colthirst, of the US and Ms. Audrey Thompson and her team at Manning’s are heading up the ad hoc committee formed to spearhead the Sports Development drive. They have stated that the events of August 18th will be the first of many endeavors scheduled for the 2007/2008 fiscal year, to offset the approximately $3.5 million budget shortfall of an annual budget in excess of $7 million. It is important that this goal be met if Manning’s is to continue to compete successfully in both the local and international arenas.

The urgency of this effort is best evidenced by the recent embarrassment Manning’s suffered at this year’s Western Champs, where our teams’ performance was less than stellar due to lack of funds and inadequate training facilities. While we applaud the efforts of those who represented us, these athletes were forced to compete without many of their team members who could not afford to pay their own way. To prevent a reoccurrence of such a let down, the committee is planning several sustainable fundraisers, thus reducing the need for one annual ambitious call for donations.

That is not to say we are not currently seeking individual contributions. So far we have received financial support from Mrs. Sylvia Smith-Seymour; a five year commitment from former Manning’s athlete extraordinaire, Dr. Rovan Locke as well as one time commitments from other Manning’s past students including Mr. James Hanson and Dr. Terrence Johnson Mr. Victor Lowe has committed to the annual sponsorship of the Manning’s Football Classic, which will become part of the annual reunion events sponsored by the Westmoreland chapter of the Manning’s Past Students' Association (MPSA).

On behalf of the entire committee, Audrey, Paul, and Victor are encouraging everyone, especially former athletes of Manning’s, to get on board in an effort to restore and enhance the glory of what was once the athletic powerhouse of the west. Donations, suggestions and other input regarding this endeavor should be sent to:

Barbara Ebanks Clinton
                            8416 La Ventura Ct., NW
                            Albuquerque, NM 87120
                            bclinton113@hotmail.com
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The first paragraph is wrong....this is the third staging of the event..this was Kenneth Dodd's baby and it wa s avery succesful as int he firts year it raised about $3Million and drove the Manings team all the way to the semi-finals..
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X