No announcement yet.

Sheffield Utd kicks off their Carling Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilla the world not as round as you think.
    Sass, I think the above should more be directed at you.

You have no idea how Shelton fits in the plans of Sheffield U, but you want him to transfer to another Championship side. When I point out that the other sides are just as stacked with players in the striker position, all of a sudden those players are ball boys.

My point is (and since you seem to be missing it all along), it does not matter if Shelton stays or if he goes, he is going to have to buckle down and earn his place. His reputation from the NPL and Swedish leagues alone is not going to do it.

Shelton as a player has to deliver when he gets the opportunity. I can provide you matches played in pre-season where he was always featured, but he did not do anything. I mean started games and played for as much as 70 minutes.

According to Sheffield fans, when he plays in the pre-seasons against the lower league teams, he seems very comfortable and handles himself well. Once he gets to play Championship level teams, he seems to be out of his depth.

I guess it means the coach just needs to persevere with him no matter what, as he has the goods to deliver. Such a novel idea, I wish you could communicate this to Jose Mourinho on Andriy Shevchenko.

I will leave you with this. Shelton is not the first player to go to a club where he has problems finding his feet and he will not be the last. A coach is not going to turn his back on you if he thinks you are really playing well enough to be in the team. It is all up to Shelton to impress his coach whenever he gets the opportunity.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

and what I am telling you is that this team have at 3 quality strikers based their history, this will limit Shelton oppurtunities even if he is playing good in the reserves so instead of warming bench go on a month's loan to another club who can't score goals and do your thing.

Brian Robson will not be giving him too many chances, and remember James Beattie played no part in the pre season game and Hulse is coming back from injury and will be a 100% fit soon. So if Shelton can't make the bench now, you think they are going to pick him over their leading scorer last year just so? You a look pon the numbers but a reality mi a deal wid. Jon Stead also transfer the same time with Shelton, he has a history at Leeds and was a decent striker for them last year, so too was Webber so while I am rooting for Shelton it is going to be very hard for him on this team
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So where in the Championship do you suggest he should go. I see where you were suggesting Burnley, but if you check i, Burnley have some seasoned campaigners in that position too. Hey, there are many reasons which could provide Shelton games during the season. Those three guys cannot carry the team all season because of the various reasons I cited in previous posts.

Assassin, the bottom line is that Shelton's games to date has not really blown over Robson and the fans. Until Shelton can change that perception of himself, expect him to continue be the #5 out of 6 strikers. I also do not see the team in the Championship where he is going to just walk in and automatically become #1 or #2 striker in the team. It nah goh happen, so get used to that.
        Last edited by Tilla; August 16, 2007, 09:56 PM.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
        X