Sheffield Utd kicks off their Carling Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheffield Utd kicks off their Carling Cup

today ... Luton Shelton starts on the bench. That means he is 5th in the pecking order.
    1. Beattie
    2. Sharp
    3. Webber
    4. Stead
    5. Shelton.
    I know its his choice and we affi respect it, but last year when I said he should have gone to either France or Portugal I was asked why?

Oh well....
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I know its his choice and we affi respect it, but last year when I said he should have gone to either France or Portugal I was asked why?
    And would going to France or Portugal guarantee his getting a starting place with whichever team he landed up with?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

BTW, Shelton came on for D Webber in the 79th minute. Sheffield won 3-1.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        today ... Luton Shelton starts on the bench. That means he is 5th in the pecking order.
        1. Beattie
        2. Sharp
        3. Webber
        4. Stead
        5. Shelton.

Oh well....
        saw the comment on luton you made Lazy,what about the J-League?,France would have been the next best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          And would going to France or Portugal guarantee his getting a starting place with whichever team he landed up with?
          There are no guarantees except taxes and death. Going to France or Portugal would futher enhance his skills and make him ready for the EPL. Well, thats my belief.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie you don't mention their leading striker last year Hulse who is almost back from injury.

Luton just need fi go pon a loan move. Last time I say Burnley was still tracking him. Go on loan with another Championship team
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You nuh hear say Crouchie race up Rafa fi leave him off a liverpool team.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, again my point if he goes to another team. Take Burnsley for example. Their strike force is:
                1) Ade Akinbiyi (32)
                2) Besart Berisha (22)
                3) Robbie Blake (31)
                4) Andy Gray (29)
                5) Steve Jones (30)
                6) Kyle Lafferty (20)
                7) Garreth O'Connor (28)
                8) Jay Rodriquez (18)

That is eight strikers in their squad and you are complaning that he has to be competing for a place among 6, where most feel he is the #5. Most of these players have a wealth of experience with the English game having played at at least a minimum of 4 teams in their careers so far. The only exception is the 18 year old who came to them out of high school.

Again, my point is that it matters not where Shelton goes, he is going to have to earn his game, it will not be handed to him on a platter.

Comment

Tilla,
                  I don't think anyone disagrees that Shelton will need to prove his worth where ever he goes. The question is whether or not he will ge the opportunity. Take for example Fuller. How maany times have we seen where he didn't figure in a coach's plan. You're right, the siryation needs time for Shelton to prove his worth....but if he continues to do well in the Reserves and he is not getting the opportunity, he should seriously think about leaving. He is young but he is getting older and with him not playing competitvely, he wouldn't deserve a call up from Bora at the moment. He will need to manage his career for both the leaque anad internationals

Comment

The question is whether or not he will ge the opportunity.
                    I still cannot see why people think he is not going to get the opportunity. If you check the preseasons so far, he has featured in most of them in some capacity. I say again, if you are looking for a team where he is going to be the main striker at 21, you need to send him to a League 1 or 2 team.

Let us not use Fuller as an example. Redknapp went to Scotland and bought Fuller and believed in the player, but after a while found Fuller was not cutting it. Fuller ended up riding pine most of the time.

Comment

i repeat...fuller could have had a full season in the epl if he had stayed at preston.....he was their leading goal scorer, comfortable with his team, teammates used to his style of play......

that was just a poor decision...said it then...repeating it just because...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What you don't see is that this team at Sheffield have the potential to score at least 2 goals every game and that is without Shelton on the bench. If the coach don't have great faith in him he is going to have a hard time getting ahead of James Beattie, Hulse and even John Stead. Burnley may have 8 forward but now is of the calibre of say a James Beattie and Hulse. In two games already Sheffield have 5 goals and Shelton only get 10 minutes. Let me see how long it will take him to get a start here.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          What you don't see is that this team at Sheffield have the potential to score at least 2 goals every game and that is without Shelton on the bench. If the coach don't have great faith in him he is going to have a hard time getting ahead of James Beattie, Hulse and even John Stead. Burnley may have 8 forward but now is of the calibre of say a James Beattie and Hulse. In two games already Sheffield have 5 goals and Shelton only get 10 minutes. Let me see how long it will take him to get a start here.
                          It think you are rating Beatie too much. If Beatie scores more than 12 goals this season, then I'll publicly apologise to you.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Sass seems to worship the ground Beattie walks on. Because of this, he does not give Shelton any chance at Sheffield.

Comment

He was a quality player in the Prem for 2 to 3 years and if he is anything close to that he will score more than 12 this year in the championship, that if he has any quality left.

Comment

Working...
                              X