• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never bite off more than you can chew

Never bite off more than you can chew

Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Editor,
    Four years ago Jamaica's National Football programme got the worst setback in it's history when Crenston Boxhill orchestrated the ouster of Captain Burrell.

This came about because there are people in our society who do not want to follow any form of discipline in order to achieve great status; they all want to do it through devious means. Horace Burrell, under his leadership, took our football programme from nothing and catapulted us onto the world stage only to see it destroyed by overzealous underachievers. It was clear to see from the beginning that Boxhill would not be able to attract corporate Jamaica for sponsorship of our football programme, and unfortunately, the other members from the parish committees had no vision to see so far and has placed us in our present predicament.

When I read in the news this morning of his impending departure, if I were given a million dollars, I could not be happier. This will now open a clear path for the Captain to take the mantle and repair the deluge created by Boxhill and his gang of incompetent opportunists.

Jamaica's football deserves to be better than it is now, as we have the talent and the resources are available, it only needs the right person to mine it, and Crenston Boxhill is not that person and will never be. It would be wise if he would swallow his pride and join the Captain in a humble way, as I am sure he has some contribution to make to our programme, but not as the head of affairs.

Just a little word in closing, "a captain of a ship is a special breed of person, and not all sailors have the necessary prerequisites to hold this position".

Terrence L Williams
    Chief Engineer
    Amanyara (Resort)
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Excellent commentary.

The pro- Boxhill supporters will not dare attach their comments on such a well written letter.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

This letter was crap! No use responding to every piece of nonsense that appears on this forum. I'm making an exception right now, by the way!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah, a keep tellin' you that you would not recognize good leadership--even if it hits you in the head like so>>>>>>>>ping ping ping ping... bang bang boing boing!!!!!!!
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

source considered.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X