• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal vs Fulham

Arsenal v Fulham

Emirates Stadium
    Sunday, 12 August
    Kick-off: 1200 BST
    Coverage on the BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Five Live & highlights on Match of the Day

Summer signings Eduardo da Silva and Bacary Sagna could make their Arsenal debuts but striker Emmanuel Adebayor is out with a goin injury.

Veteran midfielder Gilberto will not be included after being given an extended break following the Copa America.

Fulham defender Aaron Hughes is ruled out because of an ankle injury.

Hughes' fellow centre-backs Philippe Christanval (knee) and Ian Pearce (ankle) are rated doubtful and winger Lee Cook, is missing (knee).

Arsenal (from): Lehmann, Clichy, Toure, Gallas, Sagna, Rosicky, Denilson, Fabregas, Hleb, Eduardo, van Persie, Eboue, Flamini, Song, Almunia, Senderos, Walcott, Bendtner.
    Fulham (from): Niemi, Warner, Volz, Bocanegra, Christanval, Knight, Rosenior, Pearce, Baird, Konchesky, Diop, Dempsey, Davies, Smertin, Davis, Bouazza, John, McBride, Kamara, Healy.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on life after Thieryy Henry:
    "You have to accept that the team will be different, you cannot compare any individual. "We have had a few good strikers at Arsenal and no-one scored as many goals as Thierry Henry so you cannot put that kind of pressure on anybody.

"The only thing I can say is that we have a strong belief, a great desire for success. "We have a great togetherness and we are very hungry - and the fact that everyone doubts about us reinforces that."
    Fulham manager Lawrie Sanchez:
    "I'm not sure Arsenal can quite bridge the gap between themselves and the top two.

"When you look at the investment made at both Chelsea and Manchester United, and then see the investment Arsenal have made, then I don't think it's going to be enough. "And of course they have lost Thierry Henry as well. But last season's top four teams will be the top four teams again."
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X