Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bless Up Massives, Big SidEEE!!! EPL champs

I found this little diddy from Alex Ferguson interesting

I heard there were three speeches at that Labour party football dinner at Wembley.

Tony made a speech and left and then Gordon made a funny speech, talking about Scotland-England games.

And then it was Sir Alex Ferguson. But his wasn't a normal sort of speech because Clive Tyldesley interviewed him.

Sir Alex said : I think there are three elements to developing sport.

The first one is practice. He said people have got to be given the time to practice. That's the most crucial element. He said if you haven't got the work ethic to practice, you've got no chance.

And he told the story about Eric Cantona after his first day at training. When they finished, Eric said, "Can I borrow a couple of lads, a couple of players?"
    "Yeah, what for?" said Fergie.
    "I want to practice," said Eric.

So Fergie went over to another part of the Cliff and got two young lads. And Eric said, "I need a goalie as well." So he went and got him a goalie .

And Cantona spent the rest of the afternoon practicing volleys. And Fergie said that the next day, after training, he found some the first team players were hanging around. One player completely changed the culture. From then on, everybody stayed on for extra training. He said : Eric completely changed my training routines. Before that my training routines had been a getting a bit of everything done in a limited period of time.

So that was the first thing : practice !

Then Fergie went on to talk about coaching and said that coaches weren't sufficiently respected. He said coaches were very, very important. Without them you're not gonna get anywhere - but, frankly, coaches are disrespected. Coaches get sacked on whims, don't get proper time, proper support.

And the last thing is the winning mentality. It's all very well encouraging kids, parents can do that. But when it comes to coaching, you've got to instil the winning mentality. And there's no excuse for not doing that, for saying they're too young. You've got to foster a winning mentality.The coaches have to demand a winning mentality.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

bless up king..

Comment

Hail up, sah!
      Big Sideee to start thrill the fanz with 'pretty' and effective ball tomorrow!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Bless up OJ, we escape with a thrilling victory, but Big SidEEE!!! DESERVED the win!!!
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Yes Karl, hope all is well with you and the family

Big SidEEE!!! did the job

Comment

Originally posted by Mexxx View Post
            I found this little diddy from Alex Ferguson interesting

I heard there were three speeches at that Labour party football dinner at Wembley.

Tony made a speech and left and then Gordon made a funny speech, talking about Scotland-England games.

And then it was Sir Alex Ferguson. But his wasn't a normal sort of speech because Clive Tyldesley interviewed him.

Sir Alex said : I think there are three elements to developing sport.

The first one is practice. He said people have got to be given the time to practice. That's the most crucial element. He said if you haven't got the work ethic to practice, you've got no chance.

And he told the story about Eric Cantona after his first day at training. When they finished, Eric said, "Can I borrow a couple of lads, a couple of players?"
            "Yeah, what for?" said Fergie.
            "I want to practice," said Eric.

So Fergie went over to another part of the Cliff and got two young lads. And Eric said, "I need a goalie as well." So he went and got him a goalie .

And Cantona spent the rest of the afternoon practicing volleys. And Fergie said that the next day, after training, he found some the first team players were hanging around. One player completely changed the culture. From then on, everybody stayed on for extra training. He said : Eric completely changed my training routines. Before that my training routines had been a getting a bit of everything done in a limited period of time.

So that was the first thing : practice !

Then Fergie went on to talk about coaching and said that coaches weren't sufficiently respected. He said coaches were very, very important. Without them you're not gonna get anywhere - but, frankly, coaches are disrespected. Coaches get sacked on whims, don't get proper time, proper support.

And the last thing is the winning mentality. It's all very well encouraging kids, parents can do that. But when it comes to coaching, you've got to instil the winning mentality. And there's no excuse for not doing that, for saying they're too young. You've got to foster a winning mentality.The coaches have to demand a winning mentality.
            Did Bruce give his 'I am the Driver' speech ?

Comment

Huh? DUCK Mexxx!!! dat one fly over me head

Our Bruce that post or Bruce "We need a change NOW"

Comment

Yup...things are currently purring along! Hope it is the same with you!

...and, as to the match: The youngster played well...but, the missed chances were oooooooooooooh so fustrating. The good thing is with TH14 out of the way they should only get better.

Toure and Gallas are not yet 'as one'...and, so it was in the finishing department...but, the midlle ensure majority possession and look as efficient and strong as ever. The 'middle players' never missed a beat. The TEAM shall improve. Have every reason to believe the GUNNERS will be knocking at the door...and this season, shall be right there...can snatch the EPL crown!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I dont care who dem buy (men(u) and cessipool) We still play the prittest football inna england...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                    I dont care who dem buy (men(u) and cessipool) We still play the prittest football inna england...
                    Right pon dat!
                    btw - weh "The Emperor" deh?

Comment

karl...yuh baxide! TH14 missed most of last season and the youngsters struggled!

no doubt it is a good group that would have been BETTER with the presence of TH14! if TH14 makes barca a better side i fail to see how arsenal without him is a better side!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        karl...yuh baxide! TH14 missed most of last season and the youngsters struggled!

no doubt it is a good group that would have been BETTER with the presence of TH14! if TH14 makes barca a better side i fail to see how arsenal without him is a better side!!!!
                        Gamma: yuh baxide back!

You are right TH14 missed most of last season and the youngsters on occasions struggled to find the net...
                        ...but, the few times TH14 played he was too often a distracting force (notice use of word 'force'...damn, even when not playing he may have been distracting.)

...and, you have forgotten that I wrote I am expecting him to play extremely well at Bacra...and, having something to prove, should gain success.

I think I said, TH14 had lost his fire...he was bored at Arsenal...no more heights to conquer. He had become the prima-donna and a distracting influence. Leaving the GUNNERS was necessary...it should be a win-win situation a better GUNNERS and a successful TH14! (...Yup - I said some such words/reasoning).

Comment

Can you just send Gamma a dvd of your views on TH14, complete with clips of him messing up Arsenal? We spent months on this arready!

By the way, whey mi dvd deh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Can you just send Gamma a dvd of your views on TH14, complete with clips of him messing up Arsenal? We spent months on this arready!

By the way, whey mi dvd deh?

I am thinking that even his own eyes is not helping gamma.

...just too busy at the moment to get started. I'll send on your DVD shortly.

Comment

Working...
                            X