Harbour View vs. Mt Pleasant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbour View vs. Mt Pleasant

Gents, I went to the HV MP game Monday night. I was impressed by some things, and not by others. Being based in farin, I don't get to see live Jamaican ball at the ground level, so it was great to experience it without the filter of youtube or other TV. What impressed me the most was the speed of the game - it was outstanding. What did not impress me was the general decision-making of the players and shockingly poor technical ability for simple things. If these players were anything to go by, finishing remains an elusive ideal for Jamaican ball. Oh...and the field.

Regardless, if these two teams are a reflection of the standard, it is clear that we have the fundamental ingredients for a progressively improved product. There is no doubt that if we can keep investing in our infrastructure our football can get much much better. Also, I was blessed to have seen a very touching and heart warming moment right in front of me when Bibi greeted Luton Shelton with a big embrace. There was a dedication ceremony to Shelton at half time. In the tunnel, Ricketts and Bullhead stood no more than 5 feet from each other, but I didn't see either of them talking (to one another). Not sure if I should read anything into that. Glad I went. I will make an effort to go see more RSPL ball in future. For those of us who care, it is highly recommended.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Nice insights,what's your take on the Bullead fiasco and what's the pulse ( word) on the street about it ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      Nice insights,what's your take on the Bullead fiasco and what's the pulse ( word) on the street about it ?
      I will simply say this: systems can't work if we continually make exceptions to the rule. I have heard "nothing on the street" other than what you already know, and that there are two camps, one supporting him, and the other supporting the JFF. In JFF's defense, everyone supporting Bullhead is using him as a hammer to lick the JFF based on some prior transgression, not on the merits of what Bullhead is expecting from them now. Anyway, if what I have been led to believe is true, Mr. Butler should quietly go about proving his development academy business model works by producing more export class footballers. He will make a ton of money, and the JFF will have no option but to play his players. It is really that simple. However, it's not that simple, is it? My personal take is that he is fully aware that producing another Bailey is long shot, so he is "leveraging" his current position to force through an arrangement that is simply untenable. But...who knows? I may be wrong.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

what your thought of HView's Mghee?

Comment

Yuh right because a suh mi see it , I will add if he prevails Jamaica's football deserves what it gets.His agitation is his right as much as its the JFF responsibility to deal with it.

Theorectically a well run JFF should have no problem dealing with the drama.Jamaican football should be the winner at the end of this drama.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
            what your thought of HView's Mghee?
            Not to be negative, because he is young, but I find him way too predictable. He also has a long way to go in my opinion on his decision making, but he is young, so he has a lot of time to develop.

Comment

Yuh right because a suh mi see it , I will add if he prevails Jamaica's football deserves what it gets.His agitation is his right as much as its the JFF responsibility to deal with it.

Theorectically a well run JFF should have no problem dealing with the drama.Jamaican football should be the winner at the end of this drama.
              By the way, from what I understand, Bullhead gave €50,000 to Shelton's gofundme, that's more than anyone else has given I believe. So that is a positive...if it actually is true.

Comment

Kudos to Bullead😏

Comment

Off topic did you see Bullead and patcover play Manning cup in the 80s.

Comment

Off topic did you see Bullead and patcover play Manning cup in the 80s.
                    No - I have never seen him play. He clearly has a passion for the sport. One thing I forgot to mention, Bibi has his hands full with HV. If they get relegated, he is going to prove (once again) that good player don't equal good coach.

Comment

I can attest as a Manning cup player given his seize he was indeed characteristically a bull and a pleasure to watch,a fierce competitor.

Said traits he exudes with his ambition to take over the JFF,get his son Kyle a call up and friggin up Leon's call up.😏

Bull - ead...hehe

Comment

Working...
                      X