X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty Shop : Tappa back in charge

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ge-reggae-boyz
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Ah Tappa should have asked for 15 and not 12. All that BS coming from Ricketts about masters and phd relative to ball is comedy. You seem to ascribe to the same notion that team's success depends on coaching license.
    I would like to ask both you and Ricketts, what license/degree in football Diego had when he coached Arg. in the 2010 WC. Be very careful how you answer that one.

Tappa had them but just didn't know it (tamarind season).

Comment

Yuh backward nuh fawwwt,if you don't know the JFF is moving aggressively to best practices of licensure,it's no longer JFF level 2 but accredited UEAFA/ FIFA D.

This is what Tappa has to compete with in the future,compounding that is those locals like Bibi and Fuller who have the B and pursuing higher standards of licensure who will one day apply for Tappa job.

It behoves him to upgrade himself quickly,as for Diego ask him what he has to compete against and also ask Southgate how far he has come since England hired him without a license.

You have a very ignorant insecure way of presenting your case,at best aloof to what's going on around you.

Ricketts should attach licensure requirements to any contract with Tappa.Just my opinion.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Did you see where Ricketts scaled academic degrees in order to relate it to
        football license? If you can comprehend (key operative here) then you will
        grasp why I related Tappa/Ja to Diego/Arg. I seriously think that you played a lot of marbles in primary school BTW Southgate cannot be related to Tappa (get help on that one).

Insecure. Oh so now I'm the one that's insecure? LOL confidence remains high here boss. Insecurity breeds negativity,jealousy, envy and plain "bad mind". Am I displaying any of the above traits? If so point it out; this way I can work on myself and leave others alone. Thanks in advance

Comment

Mek you and Tappa tan deh " as is " ,yuh comfortable with his status,No one can grasp why you would advocate for your positions given the direction the JFF and JA football is going as it relates to licensure or why you would ignore Southgate as an example.

Insecurity ,breeds all that but it is rooted in one thing you left out i.e FEAR.The fact that you cannot defend your positions but choose to send enquiring minds to seek answers,can only be explained as ignorance.

You Express alot of that in your post.
          Last edited by Sir X; April 14, 2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Don’t major in the minor .. it’s really about what the federation can afford. Unfortunately they are many gaps in understanding and Ricketts just don’t get it. The analogy to tamarind season explains. It. This is when and what you need to explain to sponsors the need to get onboard now to build a program starting now. Having said that this is the beauty of a free market if tappa can earn more elsewhere it’s up to him.

Comment

Unnuh all ova de place wid dis,as it relates to why the JFF does not to significantly increase Tappa's meager salary, the mention of license is to obfuscate The matter at hand.
              You increase someone's salary because it is deserved, couple with that, I am now confused as to the REAL reason for the refusal .., at first it was a lack of funds,if Tappa had that license would the money now magically appear?
              In any event, the very mention ..is to question Tappa's worth.
              Now, I gather the JFF is strapped for cash, is that evident in changes related to the JFF echelons, was staff and expenses downsized, how well compensated are its top members, is THAT in proportion to their fellow caribbean counterparts?
              Burrell was a despot, but he asserted his power covertly, his replacement seems confrontational, for that not to be self defeating, one has to think things through , or you will suffer from being exposed..as HL and Bricktop.
              Ricketts is tactically naive.
              Last edited by Rockman; April 14, 2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

It is never a battle between the TD abd the federation, their very existence has EVERYTHING to do with the team.It is all moot now, but would the team be better off (even the undeniable gamble associated with selection)with a different coach?

Tappa caved in, and it was not helpful regarding addressing Ricketts' character.

Tappa said the JFF asked for a month.., the JFF said that was Tappa's request, someone LIED.

Comment

More to it Rock,they were prepared to move ahead from Tappa, Speid said Tappa notified the secretary he was running late for a meeting with them in the negotiation process,his beef was Tappa should have called the president directly,2 ND the president said on radio he has a plan B and it didn't involve Tappa salary's resolution.

The JFF did not want Tappa ,that is my belief and it's because of JP outrage why they backtracked.The question to me though, is who is subsidizing Tappa salary because Ricketts was adamant he is not paying the full 100.

The implications of that are noteworthy,in that it begs the question how much did Rickets backtrack,machivellian!

I will make a full post on the whole thing later,Ricketts is being intentionally confusing for a reason.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Rock: The Patty Shop Scam

1) April 6th ,JFF President denies whitmore has resigned.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEitgJOPlA8

2) April 9th,Offer of a carribbean salary,friendlys arranged coach not aware,etc etc,also heard players were invited from the U.K and coaches request to speak to them ignored
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEy5B0HKVdg

3) April 12th,All hell breaks loose,Ricketts with his 1st degree to Doctorate,comparing it to a tired system,based on a carribbean model
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvqkMCBLkRM&t=115s

Its obvious Ricketts treated Tappa with contempt,given what we hear coming out of his mouth, he wants to renumerate Tappa for "what he is worth and what they can afford" (Min 4:00 of Centre Circle ),2nd he blames Tappa for asking for a month to sort out his salary,not that he told Tappa he needed a month (Min 7:00 of Centre Circle ).

If it isnt a race or inferiority issue , why werent previous forgein coaches paid the carribbean salary ? Is it because they have as he puts it the master degree ?(Min 2:00 of Centre Circle ) that would still need more explaining from MR Ricketts again the Doctorate degree for a carribbean coach according to him is 6K US ?

4) His complaints of the JFF being starved for sponsorship begs the old questions of how is the JFF handling its finances,seeing that it has moved up the FIFA ranking ladder under the stewardship of Tappa,a coach he has reasoned is being paid top carribbean salary.The question you raised of paid board members come to mind,JFF delegates/members making up numbers on tournament and friendly trips.It seems to me that the Patty Shop President is being penny wise and pound foolish, the fact that Jamaica has moved up in the rankings under Tappa is money in the bank for the JFF worth more than 4k US.His arguement about Tamarind season falls on deaf ears,Tappa is a winner 99 % of the population want to see him succeed,esp cororate JA,Tappa took Jamaica to a GC final, played numerous friendlys after that to get us up the FIFA rankings,corporate Jamaica didnt jump on the Ricketts bandwagon then ?

5)Plan B , Jerome Waite ,I have heard it refered to as such on sports explosion with Earl Bailey ,I have also heard another commentator refer to the belief that Jerome Waite is the brains behind Tappa.That said given the dearth of young hungry coaches who want to prove themselves and the politricks of the JFF,compounded that the sports minister had to get involved to source funding after a meeting of the minds,I must conclude Ricketts has a plan !

6)The Plan it would seem to me , is squeeze the local system, boys/players, coaches etc to get as far as we can, to move Jamaica up the FIFA ladder and then get a forgein coach and pay him the doctorate salary, which forgeiners command.

7) I have concluded by what I am hearing and seeing ,that corporate JA will not support Ricketts,they fear he is trying to and he has stated it,he wants to follow Burrells blue print for another qualification,they dont buy his fiscal responsible story,Coroprate JA wants a program,a manifesto ,a sign to believe that the JFF believes in its own our own. I sense they do not and that comes from................you can fill in the blanks.

Comment

Okay, and thanks.

Comment

Primary school coaches laud CONCACAF D Licensing Coaching Course

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...2?profile=1498

Kudos to Ricketts,really a cause to pause

Comment

To the casual observer it will seem as stupidity but I'm now convinced that it's ignorance. This ignorance makes you walk and speak as a blind man.

Small hint: Rommel the famous German general had a young Math whiz that really worked out the logistics for the tanks (refueling and so forth). This gave Rommel an edge in the African desert against his foes. Could this math whiz give orders to Rommel's troops and would they listen to him?

Keep talking your bullsh....

Comment

Didn't want to say anymore but but seeing that you were absent most of the time for reading comprehension in primary school, may as well ,

Boss man, can't you see that Ricketts wasn't mentored by the captain? Ricketts wasn't introduced nor brought around in circles. In short allowed to sit on some of FIFA's boards and draw from what FIFA had to offer. He is new to money, he cannot use money as a tool. Ricketts is wavering on Tappa getting 10k a week whilst he would have to pay 40k and up to any (key word here) foreign coach regardless of what he says. Did you know that at one point the captain was giving Tappa 10k? Well the capt. was looking at it from purely a business standpoint and the capt. wasn't "just coming in to money" (has varied sources of income). This way the capt. did not have to try using the colonial class argument to equate Tappa's coaching knowledge to academic degrees. Speaking of class; Ricketts naively brought the JFF into Ja's political landscape. How? By forcing Tappa's resignation hence causing a back lash. This in turn caused the present govt to intervene (shows someone in that party can see). The present govt. does not have a good record coming though the 70s on class and Ricketts naivety was about to hand the election to the opposition on a platter. Now one can ponder if the opposition saw it and was waiting for the mine field to blow or they were too distracted by SOE,CRH, Zozo et al. The point is moot because it's been silenced. Ricketts blundering now puts him in a position where he is now expendable (none of the two political parties can trust him).

Listen to Babsy's words before it reached critical mass. "I told him (Ricketts) to exhaust all possibilities before coming to us as there are other possibilities out there" In short the money was there to pay Tappa from other sources but the blunderer in his naivety wanted to play Tappa. He looked down on Tappa he sees Tappa of a lesser class because Tappa did not attend one of Ja's traditional high schools (clear sign Ricketts didn't get out often and the Capt. never introduced him in circles). He will now learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X