Kenyon Impressed By Chelsea's Hunger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenyon Impressed By Chelsea's Hunger

Kenyon Impressed By Chelsea's Hunger Chelsea's pre-season work has filled chief executive Peter Kenyon with confidence about the new season

Florent Malouda - Chelsea

As Chelsea prepare for their Community Shield showdown with Premier League champions Manchester United, their chief executive Peter Kenyon says the disappointment of being beaten to the title last season is no longer affecting the players.

Kenyon says the attitude and enthusiasm of the Chelsea players meant there was no negativity when they returned to pre-season training.
    "If there was ever any concern about that, then first morning's training blew it away. There's an absolute hunger in this team for success and there's hunger for getting the Premier League title back.

"That hurt everyone last year, there was no complacency, everyone worked hard and the way everybody has come back with a good rest means I feel very confident about the team."

Kenyon, like Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, believes that this season will be more difficult than ever in the Premiership. But he says Mourinho is not under any more pressure to achieve the holy grail of Premiership title and Champions League.

He said: "All our rivals have significantly strengthened and I think it does all point to a more competitive Premier League.

"But the Champions League is one of the hardest trophies to pick up and to fulfil our ambitions as a world club, you have to win it.

"It doesn't all rest on that this season, that's not what it's about, but two things we've said is that you have to win trophies on a regular basis. You have to win the Premier League and Champions League more than once to reach those heights of being truly recognised as a world club.

"I think we're well equipped and as always we're confident going into all these campaigns because we've got a great squad and a great manager who knows what needs to be done."
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X