A Lic Holder : Paul Hall (QPR) offering to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Lic Holder : Paul Hall (QPR) offering to help

I retired in 2008. My phone hasn't been called even once to say, 'You're an A-licensed coach, let's have a look at what you offer'," Hall told The Gleaner. "If I'm rubbing shoulders with him (Ramsey), surely, I've got something to offer to Jamaica. At worst, I can give them an idea."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...onal-programme

Tell him to form a coaching association 1st .....lol.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I keep calling for a meeting of stakeholders from the patty shop (JFF).This adm is clueless .

John Public is crying for a program of development.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

A Recap :

https://soundcloud.com/nationwide-ne...iw-jan-22-2015

https://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impr...lboy-football/

https://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impr...ing-education/

The Blue Print:

https://sayfcarib.com/category/the-blueprint/

Comment

It's not the 1st time he has offered to help.

Football players can improve given the right environments. The presence of well qualified coaches is extremely important in achieving the goal of consistent, quality player development.
        These coaches must have the ability to pass on their knowledge to players in a constructive and easily understandable manner.

While the JFF has made strides in the past seven years to improve the structure of coach education in Jamaica, there are still many steps that need to be taken. This continued forward movement is necessary in ensuring adequate player development to achieve the goal of a consistent presence in the top four of CONCACAF.

Coaching education is about providing leaders with all the necessary tools to effectively guide players.

What coaches learn during each stage of the coach education ladder, in addition to how they are expected to deliver instruction to their charges, should be determined by the level of the player development pyramid where they coach.

Essential to this process is a clearly defined player development pathway, as mentioned in part 2.

Let us use Iceland as an example.

The case of Iceland
        Iceland coaches during Euro 2016
        Lars Lagerback left and Heimir Hallgrimsson speak on the sideline during Icelands group stage match against Hungary. Hallgrimsson was made co-coach in 2013. Credit Eddie Keogh Reuters

Iceland’s rise from mediocrity, to a quarterfinal berth at Euro 2016 (their first ever Euro appearance) is a story that began as far back as 2002 with the Federation’s approach to coaching education.

The country’s Technical Director worked to develop a UEFA approved coaching system, which was accepted in 2003 (UEFA B) and 2006 (UEFA A).

Under the new KSI (Football Association of Iceland) regime, coaches had to successfully complete KS I to KS IV (as shown in the table below) to sit the UEFA B examination and then KS V, KS VI and KS VII to sit the UEFA A examination.

This was accompanied by guidelines for involvement in youth football, which were built into the new club licensing regulations written by the KSI in 2005. These guidelines are as follows:

First Team:

Head Coach – minimum UEFA A License

Asst. Coach – minimum UEFA B License

Youth Team: Head of youth coaching/ youth development– minimum UEFA A License

Youth team coaches
        12 years and up – minimum UEFA B License

11 and under –minimum the first two courses of UEFA B License

Better equipped coaches = better equipped players

ksi
        Information from KSI on registration in coaching courses 2000-2011

Iceland’s changes ensured that the presence of a greater number of highly qualified coaches improved player output. The impact was two-fold in terms of quality and quantity as there are now over 20,000 registered Icelandic football players with 90 playing professionally in mainland European leagues.

The model worked – equipping quality coaches led to developing quality players. With this in mind, I make the following suggestions, which I hope will greatly enhance football in Jamaica:

A thorough review of the current JFF level 1 and level 2 courses with a view to restructuring the local coach education ladder

Collaboration with other CFU and CONCACAF countries to develop a regional or confederation wide coach education qualification.

Provide more opportunities and encourage young Jamaican coaches to have experiences abroad in order to widen their football knowledge base. Allowing them to learn and practice in a range of footballing cultures will expose our coaches to different tactical details, training regimens and drills, etc which they will be able to introduce and infuse into the local game.

Develop specific coaching courses for young footballers ensuring a firm focus on FUN and the fundamentals.

Develop and implement goalkeeper specific coaching courses.

Develop clear guidelines regarding coaching qualifications and the level of players that are coached in keeping with the player development pathway. This will ensure that players between the ages of 11 and 18 are receiving guidance from exceptionally qualified coaches i.e. the highest levels of the revamped coach education structure.

Increased collaboration with high schools, G.C. Foster College, The University of the West Indies (UWI) Mona and the University of Technology (UTech) to involve more youngsters and females in coaching at an earlier age.

Work with FIFA and CONCACAF to offer more courses in futsal and beach football in order to develop these versions of the game.

Ensure all coaches are provided with training and knowledge in the following areas; sports nutrition, sports psychology, sports science, performance management and analysis, strength and conditioning. This will supplement their football knowledge and enable a greater impact on players through their holistic development of training regimens.
        Developing a Jamaican style of play
        The other pivotal area that requires exploration regarding coach education in Jamaica is the development of a ‘Jamaican’ style of play. Brazilians are equated with trickery and ball control, the Spanish with short passing, the English with more direct play, the Italians with a greater emphasis on tactical understanding.

What distinct attributes do we have as Jamaicans that can be infused into the game of football to make it ours stylistically, taking advantages of our strengths and minimizing our weaknesses?

This is something that can be assessed and implemented in the short term.

When Belgium’s football leaders began the restructuring of their own football development frameworks in the early 2000s, they insisted on a key component. All clubs in the country were required to adopt the 4-3-3 formation throughout their youth structures.

This was to be the formation used by all national teams. As you can imagine, it took some convincing for established clubs such as Anderlecht and Club Brugge to acquiesce to such demands but the changes have been rewarding.

In the past five years Belgium’s U-17 national team has qualified for three Euro U-17 Championships after only two qualifications in the previous 10 years, including an automatic place as the host nation in 2007.

The 2015 squad advanced to the semi-finals of this Championship tournament and took part in only its second World Cup at that age group, finishing third in that tournament. The 2016 squad recently reached the quarterfinal stage of the Euro U-17 tournament losing to Germany.

Jamaica currently has a number of good, hungry young coaches involved across schoolboy football and at the age group national team levels. These coaches, who will be leading lights in the future development of Jamaican football, should be consulted in order to define a suitable Jamaican style of play that will serve as a guide for our football moving forward into this new era.

Along with improvements in player development structures, league formats at junior and senior levels, coach education requirements and facility development, such a step would go a long way toward stabilizing Jamaican football as we seek the desired outcome of top 4 status within the CONCACAF region.

https://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impr...ing-education/

Share this:
        FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail
        Comments
        0 comments

Category: Football, The Blueprint
        More from: Machel Turner
        TWITTER FACEBOOK GOOGLE PLUS E-MAIL
        Comments closed.

Comment

Best case for a coaches association.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So Big Man form one !

Comment

I am not a coach in Jamaica.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There you go ...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  I am not a coach in Jamaica.
                  Where are you coaching now Sass?
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Not doing any coaching now. Both boys playing in the Academy system and between them, training is 4 or 5 days weekly and they both play games on Sat and Sunday at different fields around Atlanta, sometime Savannah or Jeklyl Island. My wife work most weekends too so I put a lot of miles on the car.
                    I only work a little with my boys right now. No time for anything else. Full time soccer parent. I was only able to do indoor futsul in the winter.

Comment

Has he applied to the jff

Comment

Yeah, it rough. Careful not to miss out on the rest of your life. The way it is set up it can take over and before you know it, the boys are grown and gone.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

yeah man it ruff. I play some ball last summer and looking forward to doing it again this summer. Have some fun but enjoy watching them grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            yeah man it ruff. I play some ball last summer and looking forward to doing it again this summer. Have some fun but enjoy watching them grow.

Comment

Working...
                            X