HL & who follow MLS - Here's an interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The relegation system is good.

With the increase of USL , may the football system here may try that route.

ATLFLC played Nashville SC last saturday. If the performance of these lower leagues is anywhere near Nashville...then we have much to look forward to.

Planning to visit NY when ATLFC goes to play. Maybe we can link up at a game.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

USL is already starting a Div. 3 league, so I think we could see pro/rel with them, BUT I doubt we'll see MLS agree to pro/rel.......Too much money invested by MLS owners, in the league & their teams, to share with "outside" teams/owners.......The MLS owners are happy with the growth of the league, and the structure helps support parity -

Winning MLS title vs the Top 4 leagues in the world, in the last 22 seasons:

12 clubs have won MLS since it started play in 1996.

5 clubs have won La Liga since the 1995-96 season.
      5 clubs have won Premier League since the 1995-96 season.
      5 clubs have won Serie A since the 1995-96 season.
      6 clubs have won Bundesliga since the 1995-96 seson.

Comment

Outstanding journalistic research USAF!!!

HL

Comment

I can't make a promise ; seeing that I have so much on my plate. I would love to see you though. I haven't seen you since that picnic in Brooklyn.

Comment

HL I would say Careful. Who was at Barca 95-96 Romario, Stoichkov et al and I'm not going to touch Manu or the Galacticos. Who was playing MLS then? HL please don't be lured into comparing D2 ball with D1 ball Next thing you will be saying high school ball can take on Barca, real Manu Bayern, Milan et al. Just an advice , that's all.

Comment

What you've just done is BOLSTER HL's argument - The TOP 4 leagues in the world (Europe) are TOP HEAVY. Only the TOP 2 or 3 (in a few instances it might be as high as 5) teams that can afford the elite or even the very good players. You even have teams that buy players, not because they believe they will be important players for them, but just to prevent other teams from getting them - teams with the biggest war chests, remain at the top of the league.......There's no surprise if FC Barcelona or Real Madrid wins La Liga, it is expected that one of them will be champion, and it's pretty much the same for Premier League, Bundesliga & Serie A, there are a handful of teams that are always expected to be at the TOP challenging for the championship.

Comment

It will appear that way if you disregard the words D1 and D2. These words are there to show a distinction in standards and quality. Don't forget that in the 90s the MLS was paying out 30-40k per year. which quality player would work for that? It means the Bottom team in La liga, EPL et al would be the Barca in the MLS. The point I was trying to make is that regardless of system a team with quality will dominate (hence reference to NBA which is older than the MLS).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                    ....leave it USAF, leaveit alone.

HL

Comment

Working...
                    X