Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL & who follow MLS - Here's an interesting

article.

"Back in the beginning it was like a retirement home for legends but now guys are heading there in their prime."

"But one of the great things about MLS is they’ll never have a team that dominates for years and years.
    Sure, they’ll bring in big names, but there’s a financial fairness in American sport there that we don’t have. The salary cap they have in place means there is no huge gulf between any of the sides involved."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...chael-stewart/

SKC stepping up.......I guess they see what AUFC is brinning to the "game".

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls...198537254.html

Comment

Oniel Fisher has been traded to DCU.

"D.C. addressed the back line by acquiring Oniel Fisher from the Seattle Sounders for $50,000 in general allocation money. The Jamaican national team member has made 18 career starts in MLS and will add depth to a defensive corps that had only two other outside backs under contract less than a month before the season opener at Orlando.
      Fisher, 26, was scheduled to join the team Tuesday night."

Comment

PSG & Ajax faced off yesterday, in the UEFA Youth League, and there were 2 U.S. youth players on either side - Sergino Dest (Ajax) & Timothy Weah (PSG).......PSG won 4-3, in a penalty shootout.

Comment

I have said it many times...the American model of sports ownership and management is superior to the other sport systems of the world.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

MLS FACTS
            Here are some numbers coming in:
            Only one of the last 32 DPs signed by MLS teams has been age 30 or over. 17 of those 32 have been 25 or under.
            Three of the last five DP signings in MLS have been teenagers. Five of the last nine have been age 20 or under. The oldest DP signing coming into the league this year (so far, anyway), is Carlos Vela, who is 28.

Comment

HL!!! Your parent company is just EXTRA with this jersey release.
              https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/961255707730313216

Comment

Romario Williams played & scored, for Atlanta United, in a pre-season game vs Nashville FC.

Comment

Yes, just saw him in action. The young man has talent.

Really looking forward to the ATL season.

HL

Comment

WOW!!!.......See why US Soccer & MLS are helping to improve the quality of college soccer players - MLS teams already cutting some of their MLS SuperDraft picks. My team, DC United, cut 2 of their draft picks yesterday.

Comment

Well it goes hand in hand as I assume about 70 percent of the MLS Developmental players also go to college.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Rennico Clarke - Portland Timbers waived him today.......Clarke was signed in 2015, but had only 1 1st team appearance, in an Open Cup game last year. He had 46 appearances with the Timbers reserve team (USL).

Comment

Explain

Comment

Only rich clubs win their league.

Rich clubs buy the best talent from lower clubs. It reduces their competitiveness.......

No need to list the names of the rich clubs.

In USA sport franchises, there is no real [longterm] dominance of any team. The weakest teams get the best draft picks. Struggling clubs get assistance.

Etc, etc, etc.....
                            Last edited by HL; February 12, 2018, 11:28 PM.

HL

Comment

HL take into consideration that in the US these systems have no relegation
                              hence some franchise are just happy to collect. If you look at say the NBA (since we are discussing systems) the Timber wolves hasn't won the title
                              nor the Raptors from Montreal. I could even extend and say certain teams dominate, rest a little then cycle back (Lakers, celtics comes to mind). This is even with the draft system.

Where the US system is superior; is in marketing. The sports here are packaged and sold in a superior manner to that of Europe. Look at Neymar
                              a super star (one who has raised the standard for all players) of the game right now.Neymar is being openly threatened with hurt by a player in the French league. When Jordan was on top of his game with the bulls, one couldn't even imagine a player saying "Mike I know you like to fly and dunk but if you do that with me , I will hurt you". That player would be thrown out of the NBA. Jordan in his Bulls days was the NBA, you come too close to him...... he goes to the free throw line. Jordan was raking in serious money for Nike, NBA and other sponsors. Neymar is doing the same right now for PSG (they already got back the 200 mil) but the league it seems begs to differ Neymar the money machine isn't protected.

Comment

Working...
                              X