USAF, I hear Beckham is all set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAF, I hear Beckham is all set

He is about to build a 25000 seat stadium in Miami and setup his team.

The MLS will announce it soon.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

25,000.................?

Beckham think is Craven A Premier league this.

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

that was the size before Atlanta, Portland, Seatle, and Toronto changed it.

MLS forcing him to build a stadium. They should let the team play in Joe Robbie stadium or at Orange Bowl for a few years and see the crowd first.

Look Atlanta United was pretty surprised they could full Bobby Dodd Stadium every week and almost full the Falcon's stadium.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So I have been hearing all week. The official announcement is expected early next week.......His revamped ownership group is the richest in MLS - 1 co-owner (Masayoshi Son) has a net worth of over $23B.......Becks was also able to add local ownership (Jorge & Jose Mas) to existing partners (Simon Fuller, Marcelo Claure & Tim Leiweke).

Comment

HL!!! We talking about Miami, and that stadium is bigger than most MLS SSS.......Becks & his partners have a lot of work to drum up and maintain support for this team.

Comment

MLS wants teams with their own SSS because it's a very important revenue stream, and it greatly increases the value of the team. MLS doesn't want a repeat of what happened with DC.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
              HL!!! We talking about Miami, and that stadium is bigger than most MLS SSS.......Becks & his partners have a lot of work to drum up and maintain support for this team.
              In many ways, Miami is a shitty market because of the way the city is set up. The football fans there are snobs, and see the MLS as backwater. BUT, if they appeal to the youth clubs, and suburbanites, they may be okay. It is hard to call, wish them luck no matter. Do you know where they are putting the stadium??
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

problem with building a team in the first year is, if you don't get the support, you are stuck, can't move to a more friendly city.

Comment

Overtown.......I wish them lots of luck.......They better do a LOT of work with the community.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                    Overtown.......I wish them lots of luck.......They better do a LOT of work with the community.
                    Right there they are taking a risk. The area has such a jaundiced reputation that I worry that white middle-aged people from the suburbs (who have nuff $$$) will stay away. #fingerscrossed
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

The group made a BIG mistake not adding influential local owners at the beginning - The Mas brothers weren't added until December '17. That's also when Son was added.

Comment

I have been to the Orlando FC stadium. Took a drvie around the surrounding neighborhood. Not very nice.

Folks with signs offering parking on their property. If i am not mistaken....the same is true at the Orange Bowl stadium.

Not knocking it...but a portion of the market that Marin alluded to will be turned off by this.
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It could work for Miami, if they do a LOT of work with the community, especially with the young residents. They have to make Overtown, and surrounding communities, feel that they're a part of the team, and that the team will generate jobs, business opportunities & revenue for the community. I hear that there are plans for development in Overtown, so Becks group can use this opportunity to spearhead this development.
                          They will also need to take a page out of AUFC's "play book" - Need a good, experienced & successful head coach that can/will attract good, talented & exciting players, playing attractive, exciting & winning soccer.

Comment

MONDAY:
                            https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...less-two-hours

Comment

Working...
                            X