No announcement yet.

Yow Sass!!! Lazie owes you an apology.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yow Sass!!! Lazie owes you an apology.

I recall each time I posted that we need to restructure our football you bring up corner leagues. Well ... came across a few ballers and started asking what is happening to St. Ann football. All di man dem a hype bout is the Lime Hall Corner League. Jokas!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Lazie a right structured corner league can get peoples attention and get sponsor from the local business. This is where ballas can be discovered but it shouldn't be a substitute for the federation leagues. St.Georges United have a strong structure corner league. Them get out a huge crowd, sometimes people who don't come to game and they look at players, to see if they can discover a few to come and train with the big side. I had two players on my team I coached and managed went that route.

Them man deh you a talk to a big baller or just rum ballas?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Big baller? Well one played NPL for Brazil the other played for Benfica.

Corner league a waste a time Sass. People like me and you can play ... people serious about earning a living from football need to be in the NPL, an islandwide D1 or an islandwide D2.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

the word played is KEY lazie. Man go down the hill fast. IF them can only look forward to play corner league now that maybe a testiment to them skill and may not reflect so much on the league.

Corner league is for good young balla and good ex-ballers who want to showcase them skills, it is not for NPL ballers.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

My brother is sponsoring an all day Football Classic at Mannings HS on August 18th. The Football festival will feature all the top D-Cup teams as well as the 2 top Corner Leagues teams from Sav-la Mar. The teams will play for ~Ja.$70,000.00 in prize money. (The fund raising is for the Mannings H. S Sports Dept.).

It appears that the corner league system in Jamaica have some type of structure. I am sure it serves as the feeder for the more structured NPL.

Maybe Scikko could provide some information on how the Corner League system works.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

You see what mi a say? When corner league every baller come out fi impress. It is fun and entertaining. It is what football suppose to be at that level while young players can really compete against some big time baller him use to know. It is the first platform for say a 15 year old to test his skills.

Comment

I think you are missing my point. I'm not saying to scrap corner leagues, but if we really serious about moving forward in the football world, corner league is meaningless.

We need 3 islandwide leagues with the best players in the island. NPL, D1 and D2. Its no use having people pay their hard earned money to go watch some players that only out there because dem popular! Mek dem guh play corner league and mek players with potential play in the serious leagues.

Comment

Working...
              X