Schoolboy Football Review Needed, Says Stephenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schoolboy Football Review Needed, Says Stephenson

Stephenson also said that should he become president, the JFF will develop a closer working relationship with ISSA, whom he referred to as an "affiliate" of the JFF. He said that ISSA is vital to the development of football in the country as its tournaments contribute to the development of players for the national programme.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ays-stephenson
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

THE BLUEPRINT: Improving Football in Jamaica (Part 3)

The fact that Jamaica’s most marketable football product is played at the high school level is an indication of how deeply embedded the tradition of schoolboy football is within the Jamaican football culture. It also devalues senior club football on the island, presenting a warped view of our football product.

http://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impro...lboy-football/

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Stephenson promises:

http://jamaica-star.com/article/spor..._oV1U.facebook

The good things about advocating for and getting a manifesto is two fold, 1st it empowers the stakeholders to act as a part of the governing process by simply advocating for a plan forward, 2nd it forces those elected to act on the process( manifesto) and 3rd held accountable to its stakeholders.

If those elected fail, they have to answer to its stakeholders and those that replace them will be more pressured to deliver.

I feel good about our football today, I am eager to see what will be delivered.Now a which bredda ask if bullead can vote ...lol, can business leaders vote...lol. We cant say we want to be a 1st world or football power in concacaf and a run a boat fi feed a few mouths.

Comment

Thanks for posting...

Comment

I'm no medical expert, but I believe that this argument about the number of matches that these schoolboys play between September to December and the couple of deaths are related, is BS. This argument is similar to the other BS one that attributes Jamaica's prowess in T&F to our diet of yams.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

What they need to do is have one routine checkup for all school boy player.

Things like water break in heat would help.

Trained and inform coaches and not only in soccer but basic medics. Have a medical professional at every game.

Like you the amount of game most kids play in schoolboy game is not overly too much. A lot could be done but I don't see any study changing anything. Only thing you can do is space out the games more.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There is no evidence of the particular incident and the number of games the captain of STGC who died. However he is right in looking at the number of games that is crammed in in three months and there is a negative effect on performance and development and recovery.

Comment

Sass the good teams who are involved in flow cup second round and Oliver ,Ben Francis or walker cup plays upwArds of 50 games I believe. I know you would know that as Tichfield only play the first round then go back to being fishermen.

Comment

Is that because there is no data i.e studies done ? If you know of any please post !

The common consensus and even you allude to it, is there are too many games.That must have an effect on the physical and emotional health of these youngster.

They have to rest.

Comment

how many teams play 50 games???? check that again.

3 games a week for 3 months is not 50 and no team plays 3 games every week.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Dean weatherly was complaining last year about the amount of games Cornwall played. Ask sickly I think he wrote an article..It may not be 50 but close. You also realize Issa has changed the second round this year and reduce the flow cup by half the teams to deal with this.

Comment

We finally agree on something.

Comment

I think it is more lack of proper preparation than anything else.
                          Water break is very important and getting a full medical checkup every season plus having medical staff at games will help.

Comment

Boss high school football should be reduced to a rec league period. Okay let's say high school football should develop players for INTL football. Where does the student that wants a solid grounding in STEM goes? Oh let me guess to
                            the local football clubs. That must be it.

Comment

Can't play 3 games a week boss nun water break can't help you..

Comment

Working...
                              X