Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Tappa and the

Rboyz on their win recently. Better late than never

Okay Tappa you got an –A from me on this one. Ignore those that say your team was boring.
    The fact that you were able to have the team pass from out the back at all times and play
    a possession game was impressive. I was impressed after Blake made a save; the defenders
    calmly took the ball and transitioned into attack (by passing) all the way at the opponent’s end.
    Let me say it now, I was not for Blake because I thought he was too small, hence baiting
    attackers to fire at will on the goal. Blake stood up big time in this game; clearly man of the match.
    I do hope he does everything the same way as he did in the last game (this way he stays in that zone).
    In keeping with the Jakan saying “di same side ah di bed yuh sleep pon last night…..”

Ja doesn’t have a Neymar, Son of man, Paulinho, Marcelo, Willian, Dani…. (to name
    a few) hence the talk of boring is moot to me. The result is what counts here. When Germany
    plays their usual boring game and achieve their goals , it’s called efficiency . Ja does the same
    it’s boring. Ja would have been stronger with the British contingent but Tappa has to work
    with what he has.

These matches are practical exams and Tappa will be tested on a difficult exam tonight. Given
    the way the Rboyz play (heavy reliance on athleticism) I don’t think JJ could start. Ja will run with
    numbers to defend, then sprint back to attack in transition. This happened when Powell made that run in counter. Powell had to keep going because there was no pass for him (eventually wasting the run). Stoni spoke about this in his argument on metrics (players must be able to sprint certain distances in a given time). Speaking of passing; that two on one break away Ja had in the second half should have been a goal. The reason why it wasn’t a goal; was because the player didn’t release the ball early. This way Mattocks could run on to it. The player held on to the ball then came down on Mattocks, who in turn tried a lateral run (in order to stay on side) hence the fumble. This cannot happen against Mexico
    seeing that that chances will be few. Rboyz cannot afford to press high on Mexico because the Mexican are better at passing and controlling in tight spaces. The Mexicans would be at the edge of the 18 in a flash. I say let the pressing begin just above the half line in Mexico’s half. If Ja relies on their belief in each other (the coach included), their athleticism and speed the game should be interesting.
    Last edited by Jawge; July 13, 2017, 02:25 PM.

BTW Pauly, you notice how the GC appears archaic without the VAR? For me just get rid of the magic (spoon bending and mind reading) . Focus on replays of fouls from angles that the ref can't see then things will be fine.

Comment

Tappa will be sitting the BAR exam at 9:00PM 'gainst MexTico.

Hope him study.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Hope he gets a UEAFA A level certificate before then or its standard,pretty sure the mexican coach has one.That said Tappa is a good coach with his defiencies.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

...you speak through both sides of your mout...........

HL

Comment

You think BR have him .........?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

....have him by the neck....!!

HL

Comment

Are you two implying that Tappa isnt a good coach and that having a UEAFA A liscene or its standard wouldnt be beneficial for Jamaica and this specific game?

Jawgie & Pauly yuh can jump in
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                X