Jamaica Wins Silver in Pan Am Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Wins Silver in Pan Am Football

Look at the positive, the Cup is not half empty is it half filled with silver.

We beat Argentina and Mexico to win a silver medal.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Congrats to the YOUNG MEN and Coach Downswell!
    They made us proud!

...and, here's wishing the JFF will find the wherewithal to have these youngsters touring and playing in some type of continuous coaching program.

Aside:
    I saw the very first few minutes, up until we scored. The Youngsters looked extremely good! The goal was a class act! Sweet and extremely well crafted.

I saw the goals scored against - The 1st? Unfortunate! The 2nd double unfortunate...particularly as the 'supposed foul' took place outside of the Penalty-Area. ...but, that is football!

Hopefully, I'll be able to watch it tomorrow.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      the 'supposed foul' took place outside of the Penalty-Area. ...but, that is football!
      That was no "supposed foul'. And it was, without a doubt, outside the penalty area.

But why is it that we always get that end of the stick? I can't remember a game where the Reggae Boyz have benefited from a controversial call.

Aaaaah Bwoooooy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

congrats to the young boyz
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We always getting the end of the stick because we of our actions, we do things that islands our size not supposed to do....

For example...we produce Bob Marley, We export our culture worldwide, we produce garvey, we help to trail freedom fighters in African liberational wars, Want want to win medals at Winter Olympic, We produce more world champions per capita that any other country.....We make it to the finals of the world cup....and now we dare to try to win a football gold medal in the heart of Brazil knocking out the big boys on the way to the final.

Now if you we a big country and this little 144sq miles island of champions trying to win the gold, would you stand for it?
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            But why is it that we always get that end of the stick? I can't remember a game where the Reggae Boyz have benefited from a controversial call.
            I can. . . Jamaica Vs Peru on November 15, 2006.

'For us it's no penalty,' Peru's captain, Hidalgo Martin, told journalists in the press conference that followed. 'There was no foul, the Jamaican player dived.'
            I did not see the game, but from what the Peruvian player had to say, we were given a gift.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

No, Tilla, I saw that game. That penalty could have been given by other refs.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There was a Friendly International at the stadium where Renaldo Francis, the lines man with the weird hair style held down his flag and allowed Whitmore to score against a South American opponent...I am tempted to say it was Paraguay but I cant say with 100 % surety.

Even the scorer looked a bit embarased afterwards.
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

These games are all friendlies though.

What should the linesman have called?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That is a super tournament for the U20's. Great job. Very proud of them. These teenagers may have just given the JFF the shot in the arm the program needs. I am also thrilled for Wendell. Glad to see him continuing the good fight and helping out where needed. Keep plugging away and one day he may just get his shot to coach the full national team again. - T.K.
                    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
                    X