IMC and Fox Soccer Channel Team Up in Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMC and Fox Soccer Channel Team Up in Jamaica

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">IMC and Fox Soccer Channel Team Up in Jamaica<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>SportsMax &amp; FSC Jamaica to be offered as one package<o></o></SPAN>[/I]<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>Kingston, Jamaica. September 5, 2006 – </SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>International Media Content Limited (IMC), parent company of Caribbean sports channel SportsMax, today announced it has acquired the broadcast and distribution rights in Jamaica for Fox Soccer Channel, which will be rebranded Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica. The agreement between Fox Soccer Channel and IMC offers IMC the right to place local and regional content and commercial inventory on Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica, as well as for IMC to market and distribute Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica to cable operators via SportsMax’s satellite network. </SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>The relationship also opens up an avenue for IMC to develop local and regional programming on Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica, with the potential for broadcast on Fox Soccer Channel in North America. “This is major for us as we look to expand our operations and a major move for the Jamaican sporting landscape to expand its reach outside of Jamaica,” said Newton Robertson, Chief Operating Officer of SportsMax.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>“The agreement solidifies our position as it pairs the two most watched sports channels locally, and gives IMC an opportunity to broadcast our local and regional content into the USA and Canadian markets. SportsMax will invest in our local talent and work with local producers to ensure that our productions meet international broadcasting quality standards.”</SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>The teaming of SportsMax with Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica will further SportsMax’s position as the <SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">dominant local sports cable offering.</SPAN> Together, the two channels will be the exclusive broadcasters of major international televised sports in Jamaica, including exclusive coverage of the Barclays English Premier League, the FA Cup, EURO 2008 qualifiers and England home international matches. </SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt;

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: IMC and Fox Soccer Channel Team Up in Jamaica

WOW! That means I have to look out for an e-mail or a phone call from Sportsmax.

Did I find the right job or what.

Comment

Is this so great for the sports fan like me? Suppose FSC is showing a repeat of an EPL game that i want to see but FSCJ decides to show a NPL game from say 2004 that i have no interest in?

Like How TVJ Sports Net has shown the Sanford 20/20 finals ad naseum now, it just sems every time you turn it on it is the same game as if they dont have enough things to show.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Oliver channel certainly have some clarity problems, but you still have to big up the man as a Jamaican who make it in the US and England and a try build something in Jamaica.

Comment

A thirty minute NPL highlight show would be ideal on FSC, and this would do wonders in exposing young Jamaican talent.

If GolTv can show Guatemalan, Honduran, & Salvadorian matches, then tis about time we step up to the plate! Looking forward to high quality broadcasts of NPL matches on FSC.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Will we show the goats eating along the sidelines as well or no????
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Good!

I may need to switch my sports channels!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Presently , I'm having a problem becauseonce Sportsmax is showing a game that fox is showing Fox switches to this Fuel TV rubbish, I used to have two stations that competed &amp; showed different games now I have two that have become one .

Aaaahhhhhh bwoy I tell yuh, wonder if I can get SkyySports , BBC or Setanain the new 250 + channels that Flow going to offer ??

I don't need Fox x 2 I need Sportsmax &amp; Fox .

Comment

Same problems I am facing boss plus the SportsMax I pay for now has serious problems
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Just confirmed with my boss that he was suppose to have a meeting with Mr. Robertson today.It was postponed.

All this seems to have happened in the advent of TVJ Sports Networkwho has more subscribers than Sportsmax since its inception on midnightJuly 10.

Comment

Working...
                    X