HL!!!.......FC Barcelona putting down some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......FC Barcelona putting down some

roots in the U.S., with a youth academy.
    http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stor...i-roura-062717

Very good thing!

The USA will be the center of football in the near future.

It's the US business model that will drive that initiative.

Have you heard anything about the Real Madrid Academy in Jamaica? Last time I passed by the play field, I was not overly impressed.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Barcelona looking for more U.S. youth talent = They already have 2 U.S. youth players at La Masia. Illegally registering one (Ben Lederman) contributed to the FIFA sanctions, in 2014. The youngster got a Polish passport & returned last November.......The academy will compete in the USSDA (the U.S. elite academy league), U12 to U18 (boys & girls).

I didn't know Jamaica had a Real Madrid academy.......How long have they been in operation??? Is it run by Real Madrid directors & coaches??? Do they help with coaching development??? What tournament(s)/league do they compete in???

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
        Barcelona looking for more U.S. youth talent = They already have 2 U.S. youth players at La Masia. Illegally registering one (Ben Lederman) contributed to the FIFA sanctions, in 2014. The youngster got a Polish passport & returned last November.......The academy will compete in the USSDA (the U.S. elite academy league), U12 to U18 (boys & girls).

I didn't know Jamaica had a Real Madrid academy.......How long have they been in operation??? Is it run by Real Madrid directors & coaches??? Do they help with coaching development??? What tournament(s)/league do they compete in???
        Just out of MoBay, going towards Falmouth...is a property that can be seen from the road--reading: Real Madrid Academy. It's a football field (not in good condition) that is used for training.

I think it was former goal keeper Lawerence who was part of the signing over ceremony a few years ago. You will have to check with Jamaican football experts X, Mosiah , Assasin....you know the group for the detail on the Real Madrid Academy.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Another U.S. youth (U18) & FC Dallas academy player, Shaft Brewer (what a name), is moving to Germany (Red Bull Leipzig), for FREE……. Seems Germany is the desired destination for U.S. youth, BUT these MLS academies need to do a better job of “securing” their talent so they get some payment for their move.
          Last edited by USAF; July 3, 2017, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Timothy Weah signs pro contract with PSG.
            https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/20...weah-usa-usmnt

Comment

Working...
            X