HL!!!.......Here's some news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......Here's some news

Demba Ba, Eden Hazard, Yohan Cabaye & Moussa Sow starting a NASL team in San Diego. I hope they have “emergency” plans to join USL, if NASL flops again:
    https://www.socceramerica.com/articl...iego-team.html

I guess no one can say MLS isn’t promoting the league:
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...h-party-London

Yeah...I saw that on BBC Sport today.

Did not read the details that mentioned it was IN the NASL.

I hope the name power of those involved help push this league to better success. I am sure they did their due diligence before investing.

Btw. I have been to all ATL UNITED home games. All have been sellouts!

They have allocated more seats in the new Mercedes Benz to this new expansion team.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Might have to rename NASL to the Can't Get Right League. NASL too focused on competing with MLS.......The USL is growing fast, especially since their partnership with MLS: US Soccer elevated them to Div. 2 status & they are looking to start a Div. 3. I think in the next 5 years USL will have a promotion/relegation system.......Happy to see the players starting to get into ownership = Drogba's USL team is a top contender to get MLS approval; Beckham's group finally got city/county approval for their stadium; Hearing that if NASL fails again, Paolo Maldini (co-owner of Miami FC) might look to join USL and do a hybrid affiliate deal with Beckham's group; Donovan's group, in San Diego, got a set back when the university backed out of the deal.

I see ATL selling out their games.......My wife told me that Steve Harvey's daughter just got engaged to Memphis Depay, so maybe in the next 3-5 years she can convince him to play for ATL U, her hometown team. I bet Arthur Blank will be working on that.

Comment

As to your last statement...everything Blank touches turn to gold!

I hope all the football divisions work itself to be a promotion/relegation system.

HL

Comment

HL football has become a major part of Atlanta sports now. All the host on the major sport station like 92.9 have been discussing and getting soccer analysts on their shows. They talk about the vibes at the game.

It look like soccer is here to stay.

HL Morgan Heritage in Centennial Park tomorrow evening.
          Last edited by Assasin; June 27, 2017, 06:48 PM.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I see the lower leagues starting a promotion/relegation system, BUT not with MLS. MLS owners pay to play in MLS:
            You have owners paying $200M to "join" MLS, then spending another $200M to $300M to build a new stadium & training facility, PLUS a host of other expenditures & fees.
            *It cost less than $10M to join USL & NASL.

Comment

Agree.

HL

Comment

well let's hope those leagues grow to be bigger than the MLS. The cartel business needs to be broken up.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                X