X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL: This is the RSPL final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vg_p03ezCM

Look at the stadium size.

This is the JAAA 100m finals look at the size,to compete in the 2017 World championships in london.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FfcUFO_3MQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOzsbQUzyjI

Yuh see mi ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

First Half-Portmore United played some decent balls,VERY efficient whilst Arnette was disorganized, but the commentators are pretty sure Arnette will get right back into the game. I really do not see that happening, if Arnette scores then Postrmore United probably will score two more goals.

Comment

Suh Arnette pulled it off,watching the second half will be interesting.

Comment

Clarity in the picture ,makes you wonder why the T& F meets cant match that .

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Not fair sir. This was Div 3 ball all the way. Yes Portmore attempted at a passing game but when pressed they booted the ball (same for Arnett) The only reason Portmore looked fluid in the last 20 mins was because Arnett stopped pressing them (crowded around the 18 to defend the lead); therefore Portmore could come all the way up to Arnett's d3rd.

If Portmore had a striker/poacher it would have been a different game. In short someone who knows how to attack the goal. High school football will ruin JA. mark my words.

Comment

So we scrap high school football,then what ?

Comment

I'm tired of telling you about impulse posting. Boss, does Brasil, Arg,Germany , Mexico, Italy et al have high schools? Is it that these countries depend on their high school rec leagues to provide players for club and INT'L ball?

WHo said anything about scrapping high school football? High school football should take its rightful place as a Rec league and let those you have the aptitude for professional ball learn the game in its right setting.
              Ja's high school should go back to its roots. What is that? Academics. Did you know that Ja entered the Math Olympiad (INT'L that is) for the first time in 2016? Guess where they were placed? 102

Therefore a youth league should be sanctioned between clubs and no player that plays in this league can play high school football. Seeing that these players will be given allowance to practice at times during the day and do classes at evenings to fulfill high school academic requirements.They may even be traveling at times. It takes work to develop a player to INT'L standard.

Comment

Those nations you listed have a culture of football that is specific to its economic and social needs,in other words they dont need to depend on a school boy league.They have clubs that our federation cannot compete with.

Did you think that through before you made that statement about impulse posting ?

I will add ,Simoes used our school football system to unearth Bibi and Fuller.

You said ,high school football is killing Jamaican football,so you want it to be a rec league and a youth league sanctioned,o.k fair enough,do we use the same coaches from the rec league to impart their knowledge in the sanctioned league,you expect to see a difference in reinventing the wheel ?

What were you saying about impluse posting again,you dont think upgrading the level of the knowledge of coaches and putting them in our leagues across the island,be it rec or semipro is socially and economic prudent as it is for our T&F and fits out reality,wi bruk ?

LOL
                Last edited by Sir X; June 29, 2017, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Seriously why do you continue to post on impulse? Did Prof.Simoes had any other choice but to choose from high schools (when it came to 18 year old)? That was all Ja had at the time. Now since 98 Prof.Simoes posted blue print in the news media showing the way forward. It included the Prof. advocating for a youth football league.

I really don't know what the hell you are yapping about economic and social because Phoenix academy bypassed high school and club to land a player in Germany's 1st Div. Had Bailey played high school football, he would not be in The Bundesliga.

Those countries did not just get up one morning and football was their culture it was structured and nurtured. You should read Pele's biography where Havelange stated that he was the one brought in psychologists, sociologists and other experts to bring professionalism to the 58 selecao. This thing takes work and the rewards will come over time.

Comment

1st off you brought up Impulse,sorry if the truth hurts ...hushhhhhhh.OK so the prof had no choice but to use school boy football as its source.The Prof also advocated that coaches upgrade their knowledge,why do you ignore that,he continually advocates this to the point of offering assistance to help the JFF post Burrells death !

Kudos to Phoenix academy,seeing that Bibi,Fuller and Kelly got overseas contracts from out of high school coincidentally when the standard of coaching was on a high level at the national level, how do you know Bailey would not have procured one,if you spoke truth to power,Bailey achieved it when their was no program on a national level for the youths.Bailey and his management team were gifted ,Bailey in talent Butler in the (tiefing) business.Dont expect many more of our youths to buss from that route.

Your last paragraph is true,again you left out they did it in their social and economic context of development,something Jamaica must do.Thats why I yap about social and economic context.All those nations developed independently in that context and that must be factored in on a way forward.

Bwooy yuh ead tuff

Comment

Let me cite my sources because I present facts yet you x counter with your feelings (how you would like things to be).

"Pele his life and times" by Harry Harris

INT'L Math Olympiad
                      https://www.imo-official.org/results_country.aspx

Comment

I will not waste my time on how you feel. Bring some facts to the table, other than that I have no time to respond to your idle chatter.

Bibi is the only player in that era that got a contract out of High school. Keith Kelly was t an academy. Listen keep talking your foolishness, I have other things to do.

Comment

You didnt answer the question and you ignore Simoes call for upgrading coaches ,I will ask again,it seems yuh tun fool !

Do we use the same coaches from the rec league to impart their knowledge in the sanctioned league,you expect to see a difference in reinventing the wheel ?

Keep in mind even Brazil is advocating standardization of coaching liscensure modelled after UEAFA ! Yes Pele's homeland ! as for the maths do you think the social and economic conditions have anything to do with Jamaica being in the position it is in ?

Comment

Run along Jawgie run along,you have the facts staring you in front of your face,ignore it at your peril.

Every time yuh poke up yuh ignorant arguement,mi deh yah fi lick it dung.

Comment

So if you know that the rec league coaches aren't good enough , why are you advocating for high schools to aid in the development of INT'L football?

Let the high schools go back to what they were built for. What is it again? ACADEMICS . Since it's your belief that it's money why some these countries excel in the IMO check where UAE, Kuwait and others rank. I keep telling you that you must engage thought before you post but no such luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X