Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
    I would say trigonometry but your argument is accepted. Now answer this:
    Who would do the calculations an algorithm or the magicians behind the TV screens? Be slow to answer this one.

Is the above geometric argument that you speak of is being implemented by
    FIFA. Don't get me wrong I'm all for the video. Look what was done to Cavani in the Copa? Gut wiggle is finger in Cavani's butt and the ref only saw Cavani's reaction. Look what was done to Jesus? It was deliberate because Otameadi (sp) won the ball in the air, it's how he came down (for a meaningless friendly). It should have been straight red. I knew Jesus blanked out temporarily and I was right because I read it in the media. All for what? Yes I'm for video but not the illusionist, spoon bending, mind reading part
    We are on the same page. I don't expect it to be perfect, but what has always bothered me about officiating is that the ONE PERSON who needs the most data points to make a decision has the least. The housewife sitting in her kitchen watching a game has always been able to benefit from more information about a play being fed to her than the ref. SO...the algorithm. I think that we should let computers do what they do best - make binary decisions and let people make judgement calls. So in the case of offside, that is a computer decision 100% if you only look at position of the players at the time the ball is kicked...however, is the player "interfering" with the keeper? That part should be a judgement call by the VAR. U see mi???
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
    X