Nice loss...but i agree with Kyle & Robbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice loss...but i agree with Kyle & Robbie

Robbie Musto: "...big clubs do actually get to the latter stages of European competitions AND still perform in the Premier League...this is a first where a manager has said 'forget the league' - so that's shocking for me..."

Kyle: "...they changed the rule that when you win the Europa league b/c big clubs like Manchester United did not take it seriously, and domestic league was much more important to them...of course it is a great opportunity to get Champions League as the league kind of falls away from them...but I remember him saying it was all about winning a trophy but ... that's ridiculous!! If it didn't win you a champions league spot you wouldn't care...he's so good at winding us up to take our eye off the big problem which is they're not going to finish in the top 4 this year.

Robbie: "They are close to top 4, with Liverpool's result, if they had won out their remaining games, they could have finished in the top 4...the mentality has always been [the prem] is not our priority...and I think that's wrong."

My two cents...gambler's sometimes win...and Jose is gambling which is his prerogative but he's in this position because he FAILED to deliver in the league despite a HUGE capital outlay. To use a lesser minded member of the forum's statement, winning the Europa League only "papers over the cracks" at Manu**. In my opinion, winning the Europa League and finishing 6th in the League can hardly be considered a successful season for any club with ambition...despite it being an accomplishment and despite UCL backdoor qualification. It's always historically been the league, the league, the league. The change 2 years ago to letting the Europa League winners qualify only changes that prioritization for teams that have failed in their prime objective - winning the league or at the very least, placing top 4.

My frustration with my team is the notion that "top 4" is something to jump up and down about - nothing short of WINNING THE LEAGUE should be acceptable. It is an indication of not being good enough to win that we console ourselves with European football, but it is a false positive. If you can't challenge for the title consistently, then you lack ambition (and I limit that to the big clubs btw - not the Southamptons of the world - it's Arsenal, Manu, City, Chelsea, LFC and Spurs that I speak of as they have the resources the other clubs don't). LFC has failed miserably at that for the last 10 years at least and have not won it for 25 years, despite having the resources - it's their lack of willingness to spend and their focus on profit (which while understandable, is out of sync with modern day football where the profit motive cannot be a driving force behind owning a club). Let's hope it's Manu**'s turn to "pull a Liverpool" now and that they face 25 years of famine.
    Last edited by Paul Marin; May 7, 2017, 01:56 PM.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

You expect this to happeen "Let's hope it's Manu**'s turn to "pull a Liverpool" now and that they face 25 years of famine. " Given its net spend and wage bill being one of the richest clubs in the U.K.It would go against your theory wouldnt it?

Do you expect that to happen based on players performance and that includes the manager ? If not can you explain how this should happen!
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

There are no rewards for finishing second,and finishing in the top four is only desirable because it ensures CL ball,well then winning that darn Europa thingy guarantees a CL spot.

Comment

It happens by having LFC, Arsenal, Spurs (and others) gaining wage bill and squad value parity with the big three...then the real distinction between coaching talent can come forth.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

How do they gain wage bill parity ?

How do they gain squad value parity ?

Do they give players an increase in pay for nothing ,or purchase players with high wages with no expectation to perform ? what if the performance is lacking like Torres and Shev at Chelsea ?

Coaching distinction comes forth after this ,you said (then) ? can a coach take a a 5-7 mill purchase and improve his performance to increase his value thus his demand for wages ?

...LOL....idiot !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
            Robbie Musto: "...big clubs do actually get to the latter stages of European competitions AND still perform in the Premier League...this is a first where a manager has said 'forget the league' - so that's shocking for me..."

Kyle: "...they changed the rule that when you win the Europa league b/c big clubs like Manchester United did not take it seriously, and domestic league was much more important to them...of course it is a great opportunity to get Champions League as the league kind of falls away from them...but I remember him saying it was all about winning a trophy but ... that's ridiculous!! If it didn't win you a champions league spot you wouldn't care...he's so good at winding us up to take our eye off the big problem which is they're not going to finish in the top 4 this year.

Robbie: "They are close to top 4, with Liverpool's result, if they had won out their remaining games, they could have finished in the top 4...the mentality has always been [the prem] is not our priority...and I think that's wrong."

My two cents...gambler's sometimes win...and Jose is gambling which is his prerogative but he's in this position because he FAILED to deliver in the league despite a HUGE capital outlay. To use a lesser minded member of the forum's statement, winning the Europa League only "papers over the cracks" at Manu**. In my opinion, winning the Europa League and finishing 6th in the League can hardly be considered a successful season for any club with ambition...despite it being an accomplishment and despite UCL backdoor qualification. It's always historically been the league, the league, the league. The change 2 years ago to letting the Europa League winners qualify only changes that prioritization for teams that have failed in their prime objective - winning the league or at the very least, placing top 4.

My frustration with my team is the notion that "top 4" is something to jump up and down about - nothing short of WINNING THE LEAGUE should be acceptable. It is an indication of not being good enough to win that we console ourselves with European football, but it is a false positive. If you can't challenge for the title consistently, then you lack ambition (and I limit that to the big clubs btw - not the Southamptons of the world - it's Arsenal, Manu, City, Chelsea, LFC and Spurs that I speak of as they have the resources the other clubs don't). LFC has failed miserably at that for the last 10 years at least and have not won it for 25 years, despite having the resources - it's their lack of willingness to spend and their focus on profit (which while understandable, is out of sync with modern day football where the profit motive cannot be a driving force behind owning a club). Let's hope it's Manu**'s turn to "pull a Liverpool" now and that they face 25 years of famine.
            These pundits seems to pick out the facts they like. At this time of the season playing twice a week the team needs to be rotated. Everyone seems to be ignoring the reality that injury has affected the manager's ability to rotate. There was a scare last week with Bailly. We lost Ibra, Rojo, Shaw for the rest of the season. Mensah picked up an injury. Fortunately Mata, Jones and Smalling are back. But for these pundits to be 2nd guessing the manager ... They need to sit down.

As a MU fan I endorse the approach by the manager, if it back fires... So be it.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              These pundits seems to pick out the facts they like. At this time of the season playing twice a week the team needs to be rotated. Everyone seems to be ignoring the reality that injury has affected the manager's ability to rotate. There was a scare last week with Bailly. We lost Ibra, Rojo, Shaw for the rest of the season. Mensah picked up an injury. Fortunately Mata, Jones and Smalling are back. But for these pundits to be 2nd guessing the manager ... They need to sit down.

As a MU fan I endorse the approach by the manager, if it back fires... So be it.
              Lazie - that's their job. I have no issue with you disagreeing with them or backing your manager. My opinion is just that - an opinion - I don't consider myself right or you wrong. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the specific element of what they were saying that I agree with is that Mourinho's gamesmanship is simply a diversion to take everyone's eye off the reality that his team is perilously close to missing out on top 4. The fact that he has to rely on the Europa League after a summer spending splash can only be classified as a failure...but...he's making sure he spins it differently. And by the way, I don't disagree that the team has had it's injury woes, and maybe it has been more burdensome on your team than others, BUT, I think everyone in the league can make some sort of claim on that front, whether this year or historically. Certainly, LFC can as we continue to suffer without Mané. Mourinho is a master of illusion. That I will give him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                How do they gain wage bill parity ?

How do they gain squad value parity ?

Do they give players an increase in pay for nothing ,or purchase players with high wages with no expectation to perform ? what if the performance is lacking like Torres and Shev at Chelsea ?

Coaching distinction comes forth after this ,you said (then) ? can a coach take a a 5-7 mill purchase and improve his performance to increase his value thus his demand for wages ?

...LOL....idiot !
                LOL!!! Oh my lawd. Go back and look at how City did it, I guess their squad value increased by buying $5-7m players and having Pep, Mancini, and Hughes improve their performance!! LOL!!! Klown go back to when you were "seduced" and check it out. He he he....

Just for the record, anyone with HALF A BRAIN understands that a coach can 5-7m player and improve him. Rodgers did it with Sterling. Remember? Southampton does it all the time. But you can't build an entire team like that you flaming ass!! Certainly not one that can challenge consistently for the title. Even Barca has given up on that model. It hasn't happened in England since the "golden boys" came out of the Manu academy (Neville brothers, Beckham, Scholes, Giggs etc.) and it ain't happening again anytime soon. Good luck with your paradigm - bigger idiot!! LOL!!

Comment

I take it you mean improve to be based on player performance,is it reserved for the 5- 7 milllion dollar players ?

.....lol..idiot !Say it Claffy or you said it,squad value and wage bill is based off player performance,thats the only way to reach parity,ask Sterling,Kante,Rooney,Ronaldo,etc,etc,etc.Pick any bloody player.

You said it- improve......hehe.Fooooooool,man can suh fool.Yuh think yuh buy man and value increase by modelling inna shorts,well knowing your funny taste that would do.Glad di 🔨 to yuh ead gi yuh some sense
                  Last edited by Sir X; May 7, 2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I take it you mean improve to be based on player performance,is it reserved for the 5- 7 milllion dollar players ?

.....lol..idiot !Say it Claffy or you said it,squad value and wage bill is based off player performance,thats the only way to reach parity,ask Sterling,Kante,Rooney,Ronaldo,etc,etc,etc.Pick any bloody player.

You said it- improve......hehe.Fooooooool,man can suh fool.Yuh think yuh buy man and value increase by modelling inna shorts,well knowing your funny taste that would do.Glad di 🔨 to yuh ead gi yuh some sense
                    Okay - show me ONE club, where the squad value has improved to Man City or Chelsea levels using that model. F-king jackass.

Comment

Fool ....Man U from fergie 90s to his retirement,coincided with Pool the richest club in the 90s fall to the 5th richest in the Prem,2nd case scenario funny man is Arsenal in the 90s to this present 2K,Wenger started to open his check book this past 2 season.

Yuh funny in more ways than one,keep yuh eye pan LFC Klopp and Benitez Newcastle,this present and Man U and Arsenal fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                        Lazie - that's their job. I have no issue with you disagreeing with them or backing your manager. My opinion is just that - an opinion - I don't consider myself right or you wrong. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the specific element of what they were saying that I agree with is that Mourinho's gamesmanship is simply a diversion to take everyone's eye off the reality that his team is perilously close to missing out on top 4. The fact that he has to rely on the Europa League after a summer spending splash can only be classified as a failure...but...he's making sure he spins it differently. And by the way, I don't disagree that the team has had it's injury woes, and maybe it has been more burdensome on your team than others, BUT, I think everyone in the league can make some sort of claim on that front, whether this year or historically. Certainly, LFC can as we continue to suffer without Mané. Mourinho is a master of illusion. That I will give him.
                        Their jobs is not to ignore glaring facts. MU has been playing 2 times every week and opponents are using that to their advantage, especially with the injury problems. Celta Vigo has not fielded strong team in La Liga since April 16th, the manager has been rotating his team in La Liga and putting out a strong team in the Europa LEague.

" I agree with is that Mourinho's gamesmanship is simply a diversion to take everyone's eye off the reality that his team is perilously close to missing out on top 4."

... and I see the approach of aiming to win another trophy. A trophy that puts the team in the UCL group stage. Finishing 4th puts a team in the qualifying round which would cause the team to start the qualifiers in August. On the other hand, should the team be fortunate to win the Europa League, they get the chance to win another trophy against the UCL winners.

We just need to win 2 E.L. games to achieve that goal.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Fool ....Man U from fergie 90s to his retirement,coincided with Pool the richest club in the 90s fall to the 5th richest in the Prem,2nd case scenario funny man is Arsenal in the 90s to this present 2K,Wenger started to open his check book this past 2 season.

Yuh funny in more ways than one,keep yuh eye pan LFC Klopp and Benitez Newcastle,this present and Man U and Arsenal fall.
                          That's exactly my point you flaming jackass...no one since Fergie has built a team with youths who significantly increased the squad value on par with other top teams and wage bill from within...FACT! LFC sold Sterling for £50m, Suarez for £80m, both under BR, but would you give him his props? Was that why he challenged for the title and Klopp hasn't? LOL!!! Klown, it is very very simple, CHECKBOOK HAFFI BUSS OUT!!! It jes' don' werk the way it did in the olden days. Dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                            Their jobs is not to ignore glaring facts. MU has been playing 2 times every week and opponents are using that to their advantage, especially with the injury problems. Celta Vigo has not fielded strong team in La Liga since April 16th, the manager has been rotating his team in La Liga and putting out a strong team in the Europa LEague.

" I agree with is that Mourinho's gamesmanship is simply a diversion to take everyone's eye off the reality that his team is perilously close to missing out on top 4."

... and I see the approach of aiming to win another trophy. A trophy that puts the team in the UCL group stage. Finishing 4th puts a team in the qualifying round which would cause the team to start the qualifiers in August. On the other hand, should the team be fortunate to win the Europa League, they get the chance to win another trophy against the UCL winners.

We just need to win 2 E.L. games to achieve that goal.
                            I agree that top 4 in your case can't be the primary objective after yesterday, but he made that call too early. Still, finishing outside the top 4 (actually - failing to challenge) after all that spending (injuries not withstanding) can't be seen as a success. Despite the back door opportunity the Europa League brings, and whatever narrow escape the manager can engineer, blaming injuries and having other teams field weak squads is nothing new.

Comment

Fool Yuh Say Name One ! Mi Gi Yuh Two - Arsenal !
                              Yuh Want 3 Spurs !

Comment

Working...
                              X